Bonus Chapter pt. 1

Landon

It's been a few weeks since the funeral but Chris was still moping around inside her room. She barely even gives enough time for a proper date with me.

I entered their house only to see her brother, Caleb, casually lounging on the couch watching a football game that was currently playing on TV.

I stopped at the foot of the stairs.

"Caleb."

He looked up. "Huh?"

"Where's Chris?"

He gave me a flat look. "Where she usually is. In her room." He deadpanned.

I glared at him before sighing and moving upstairs to her room.

~ o ~

I knocked lightly before letting myself in. Her room was dark, with all the lights turned off and her curtains closed. But even with her room so dark, I could still see the scattered clothes, unmade bed, and scattered books and things. This is way worse than the last time I was here.

Plus... she was nowhere in sight.

"Chris?" I called out and moved to turn on the light.

When all the lights were on, I heard a distant groan. An irritated one at that. "Ugh... No! Lights... It's too bright!" Her voice was muffled and that's when I saw her under the messed-up bed sheets.

I looked around her room to see different sizes of boxes and papers were littered around her room. I picked one up only to see it was a case her dad once worked on.

I looked up at her, seeing on her back that was covered with a black shirt. "Chris?"

"Hmm?" She hummed.

"What time did you sleep last night?" I asked.

I heard her sigh before I saw her shoulders move into a shrug.

"Did you get any sleep at all?" I asked again.

Another shrug, coming from her.

I sighed and sat on the side of her bed. "Chris, I know it's been a few weeks but please-"

She abruptly sat up. "I have to work and find a few pieces of evidence on the last case my dad worked on before he disappeared," she said hurrying to get off the bed.

I grabbed her waist before she could leave. She squealed before her back rested on my chest.

"Landon, I have to-" 

"No. The both of us are going out tonight." I said and made her turn to look at me.

She scowled. "Absolutely not! I have to search and find more clues about-"

"Not so fast. Yes, we are going, whether you like it or not." I said, with persistence.

She let out an exasperated groan, knowing very well I was right. "Why must you do this to me?" She complained.

I laughed, before giving her a quick peck on the lips. "Get ready. Take all the time you need." I said, standing up and headed for the door.

"What about school?"

"We're not going to school... and since when did you care?" I said with a challenging smirk.

She gave me a half-smile. "Never." She said, quietly.

I took her hands and helped her up. "Come on. You have to look pretty and at your best."

"Ugh. Why don't you just take Jess?" she whined.