Chapter Seventeen

Chris

"Why are you such a bane in my existence?!"

"Uh... guys..."

"And why are you such a pain in my ass?!"

"Guys..."

"You know, I'm going to make your life a living hell that you'll wish you never even agreed to be my partner!"

"Hello... Anyone?"

"Oh, puh-lease! You wish you never even met me once I get through with you!"

"Guys! We have to work here!"

"When I'm done with you that's exactly what I'm going to do!"

"Fine! Then I'll be living a happy kid knowing you'd be out of my life for good!"

"I'm going to slaughter you."

"I'm going to kill you."

"GUYS!"

~ o ~

That was probably the most confusing conversation. Well, let me rewind a bit about what happened before all of those cursing.

I was walking on my way home from school when my mom called. So she called us to Safe Haven... more like below it and she told us our mission. She called our team that currently consists of three and we were supposed to find a criminal. So Lucas I.D'd him and we were on our way.

He was last seen at a fancy hotel. His name was Charlie Stewart. He killed at least six people and had a criminal record in Jersey but was able to escape because of his gang friends and now he's in Los Angeles to spread his love for murder. Smart right?

Not.

And now we end up with me and Landon exchanging extreme profanities and curses with each other as if we did that every day (which we do) and Lucas trying to make us stop and was succeeding well (I was kidding about the last part).

We both turned our heads to Lucas who was red and breathless from yelling and had a deadly look on his face. Landon and I were fighting about which one should try to navigate the hidden cameras in order to spy on Charlie. And I have to say we were doing quite progress... Progress in fighting with each other, that is.

I know. I know. It's stupid to fight about some stupid hidden cameras but that's what we do every day. We hate each other and we don't have a problem with showing it. Okay... Maybe not hate. Just dislike. We dislike one another.

"We haven't even found the culprit yet but both of you are already ready to rip each other's head off," Lucas said.

"It's not my fault one of us here doesn't know how to navigate a computer," Landon mumbled.

"Oh, you mean you?" I challenged.

He glared at me and was about to say something when Lucas butted in.

"Look, guys. Can you continue this someplace else? We're still on a mission, you know." Lucas said in a scolding manner.

I sighed. "Right. Okay, so... Where is he?" I asked.

"Room 317 on the third floor," Lucas said.

I nodded and typed away in the computer the access to the security cameras of that floor. It showed an empty hallway with nothing but housekeeping.

"Someone has to get inside and act as housekeeping in order to get inside his room and plant a bug," I said, not taking my eyes off the screen.

"I'll do it!" Lucas said, happily.