Chapter Thirty

Chris

Don't give up. Don't give up. I thought to myself. You're going to get through this and you get to see your dad, mom, Caleb... Jess... Lucas. You still get to see them all. Especially Landon. You still have something to deal with him, right? So, don't give up... Or you'll end up a wandering bitch who can't pass through because she has an unfinished business here in this damn world.

I'm just exaggerating.

I'm not even dead yet. But I'm pretty sure I'm close to that. So close. They've been torturing me, hitting me, kicking... laughing at me. Pfft. Sons of bitches don't know who they're up against. My father will come. I know he will. I may not know him as much as my mom does but I trust him.

He is my dad after all.

They want something from my dad. That's why I'm here in the first place. And even if they won't tell me what it is, I already know what they want from him.

The microchip.

I sighed... more like wheezed after another day of torture. I was aware of my... not so gorgeous state. But then again, when was I ever-gorgeous? With my bruised eye, my blooded lips, swollen nose, and lumpy arms. But who cares? It's not like someone is going to come and see how I look.

The door opened cutting me out of my thoughts. That man from the first time I woke up came in. He smirked when he saw me. Laugh all you want, cocksucker.

I glared up at him.

"You look like hell," he said casually.

"Thanks for pointing that out, Captain Obvious." I spat.

I take it back.

Thank goodness I had enough strength for one last badass move.

He chuckled. "Do you know why you're here?"

"Do you?" I bit back.

"Yes. As a matter of fact, I do. Your father took something from me." he said. "I'm just keeping you here until he comes and gives it to me."

"You think I don't know that?" I said through gritted teeth. "This is all too cliche. What do you want?"

"We want the microchip. And I think you know where it is," he said.

"Why would you think that?"

"Because you're his daughter," he said as if that explained the course of the universe.

"So? We haven't seen each other for sixteen years, thanks to you. And I've only ever met him just recently. And even if I did know where that stupid microchip of yours is hidden, what makes you think I would ever tell you?" I spat angrily.

He leaned in closer until we were eye to eye, which was his first mistake, and smirked. "Because they always surrender," he said.

I glared at him and hit his nose with my head quite hard, which sent him tumbling backward clutching his nose. It was bleeding. But instead of laughing, I glared.

"Why you little-"

"Don't you ever dare compare to those other cowards you encounter!" I spat, cutting him off.

He glared at me and left my prison. Good choice. I sighed again when I felt dizzy.

This is going to get a lot worst.

~ o ~

Waiting is bullshit.

Waiting means your irresponsible.