Chapter Three

Landon

"Hello?"

"Meet me at home now. We'll be talking about your new mission." It was my dad and he hung up before I could protest.

~ o ~

"Okay... So... what is this ab-" I was cut off by my dad.

"Landon, meet your new partner." I scanned the room and it landed on the girl sitting on the couch.

You have got to be kidding me.

~ o ~

Chris

"Okay, so remind me again what I'm doing here?" I asked for the sixth time. "And why is Agent Jones here?" I wondered allowed.

My mom shot me a glare.

I returned it with a shrug. "What? No one is answering me and I hate being ignored."

"Just sit still, will you?" she demanded.

"I can't! I'm ADHD, remember?" I answered.

My mom let out a frustrated sigh and shot Agent Jones a look for help. Agent Jones only answered with a glare and a look saying, Why are you asking me? She's your daughter.

I watched as the two adults started bickering with each other silently. It was quite fun to watch them actually. You could actually feel the tension of the fight. I just had to stifle the giggle that was threatening to escape.

"You know, it's really fun to see you guys bicker about something. Especially when the topic is me." I said with a smile.

Both adults turned to glare at me. But I only laughed at their serious expressions.

"Does she ever take anything seriously?" Agent Jones wondered out loud.

My mom shook her head with a shrug. The door opened and banged closed. Hey! That's my door your bangin there... Wait...

That sounded wrong...

"Okay... so... what is this ab-" Agent Jones cut him off.

Agent Jones looked relieved as he said, "Landon, meet your new partner."

Landon?! As in Landon Jones?!

We stared at each other for a moment, before we burst into chuckles.

"Ha-ha. Very funny. Now, who is it really?" I said turning to Agent Jones.

"Yeah. Your joking right?" Landon let out a nervous chuckle and focused his gaze on my mother.

Both adults looked at each other for a moment before turning back to us.

"No. This is official." My mother said, turning to me.

"This will be permanent from now on." Agent Jones said turning to Landon.

Landon and I looked at each other both looking horrified and annoyed at the same time before his horrified expression turned into a scowl and mine turned into a glare.

We did that for about half a minute before I rolled my eyes, sighed and stood up, and held out my hand.

"I'm Christine Mason and you must be my new partner," I said regretting every word of it.

This is gonna suck.