Epilogue

Chris

As I stared at myself in the mirror, adjusting my black dress, I can't help but think about my dad. I didn't know him that much but he still trusted me with that microchip.

Turns out, those people like Watson wanted that because inside it was a blueprint of a weapon. A weapon that can obliterate one entire nation. It's dangerous. Clearly. And they wanted it because they wanted to make it for God knows whatever reason. The microchip burned with the building. Thankfully.

It's never going to bother us ever again.

A knock came on the door and I whirled around to see my brother in a black tuxedo and a bow tie. He looked good. Except for the cuts and bruises that were visible on his skin.

"Hey," he greeted with a smile.

"Hey." I smiled back.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I mean... I was just worried... that..." he trailed off.

"Caleb, I'm fine. I want to do this... I have to." I said.

He nodded in understanding. "Okay," he said and walked away.

I turned back to the mirror and studied my appearance again when he went back. I looked back at him, confused.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked.

He stepped towards me. And to my surprise, he hugged me. I smiled and hugged him back.

"Thank you," he whispered into my ear.

"You're welcome."

After Caleb left, I went back to my vanity and tried to look for my locket. That's when I heard someone knocking on my door again.

I didn't bother to look up as I said, "What is it again, Caleb? I promise I won't be late this time. I just need to find something."

Only when I turned around, it wasn't Caleb that greeted me. But Landon. My... boyfriend... It was still weird calling him that. Guess I'm just not really use to it.

"Hey," I said. That's when I realized he was twirling my locket in his hands.

"Hey," he said not taking his eyes off of me. He was leaning against the door frame wearing a black polo, covered with a black coat.

He looked so damn hot.

"Um... if they're looking for me, tell them I'll be there in about a minute." I informed.

"They didn't send me here," he said and pushed himself off of the doorframe to approach me. "How are you?" he asked.

"Uh..." I tried to blink away the tears that formed in my eyes. "Alive." I choked out. "Still hurt and sad but alive nonetheless," I said and looked down.

He placed a finger under my chin and tilted my head upwards to look at him. He smiled genuinely at me before kissing my forehead. "I want to give you something."

I scowled. "Landon, it's a funeral. Not my birthday." I said flatly.

He rolled his eyes at me before handing me the locket. "Here. Open it." He told me when I accepted it.

"Why? I already saw what's in it." I argued.

"Just do it," he said.

I sighed and opened it. It was a picture of me and Landon not as kids but as what we are now. As teenagers. On both sides, there was a picture of me and Landon glaring at each other but the small hint of our smiles was visible. Even from here. The other side revealed me and Landon smiling at each other and staring into the eyes of each other.

When was this even taken?!

"What-"

"Flip it over." he cut me off.

I glanced at him before doing what he told me. It didn't read To the girl I secretly love but We'll Survive.

I looked up at him. He smiled at me. "I just want you to know that what happened that night... was stupid. I feel like it was my fault you sprained your ankle. And almost got burned to the ground. I hate it when I feel like I won't be able to protect the people that I love. So what happened that night, won't happen again. I promise." he said before giving me a gentle kiss on the lips.

I chuckled when we pulled away. "Me too," I said.

He kissed me one last time before resting his forehead against mine and whispered, "I love you."

I smiled and rested my head on his chest. "I love you, too," I said, softly but I knew he heard it.

~ o ~

I sat there with my brother comforting my mom who was crying her eyes out. I stayed still with Landon beside me, squeezing my hand every now and then.

I smiled at him.

That's when I remembered what my dad said to me once. Don't let your brain dictate what you want. Let your heart do it.

I realized that what my dad had said was actually true. I realized at that very moment, that no matter what happened...

We'll always survive.

~ o ~

A/N So..... I guess here ends my first ever book here on Wattpad. I am very happy to say that I finished at least one book because, for the past three years, I've always deleted my books.

So, anyway... Thank you all for reading! See you again next time on my other books (if I ever make a new one).

Well... have a good day everyone! Byeeeee! :)

P.S: Comment if you guys like it! I'd really love to hear from you people. And what do you think? A sequel perhaps?

Bye! :)

- Rain <3