Chapter Twenty

Chris

"Have you heard of the new kid?"

"Yeah! She's gorgeous."

"What's her name?"

"I don't know. She's in my biology class and she's just absolute perf!"

"There she is! She's coming!"

I turned my head in the direction of the newcomer and almost choked on my juice.

It showed a blond girl wearing our school's uniform with her skirt a little too high for my liking, with her hazelnut eyes and three-inch high heels. It was no other than Blaire... what's her name. She was beautiful that any man her way would drop to the ground and praise her.

Yes. She's that gorgeous.

Jess looked in her direction and gawked. "That's Blaire," she stated.

"Wow! Good observation there, Sherlock." I said sarcastically.

When I looked back in Blaire's direction, my heart tightened around my chest. For who knows why. The sight in front of me was probably the worst I have seen in this school.

It was Blaire clinging into Landon's arm as if her life depended on it. There was a lump forming on my throat and I decided to push it away. Then all of a sudden, three men were right in front of us blocking our view. I recognized them as Cole, Blake, and Jeff...

Ah, Blake. One of the faces I could never forget.

I raised my eyebrow. "What is tweedle dee, tweedle dumb and tweedle dumb-er doing sitting right in front of me?" I snapped.

"We need your help," Cole said.

"Yeah. This is a huge and a major situation." Blake said.

"Help us and spare our lives," Jeff said.

I looked at him, dumbfounded. He looked away, avoiding my gaze.

Weird.

"Okay... So... let me get this straight. You need my help?" I asked. They all nodded. "Why?"

"To get rid of that clingy blond. Seriously, she's like a lizard who won't let go." Cole complained.

I shuddered at the mention of lizards. Seriously! I hate those slimy things!

"Okay... um... Just... let me do a background check for a moment... before I agree to any deals," they all nodded. "You have a girlfriend," I said turning to Cole who turned as white as snow when I said that. "You have a girl... toy," I said turning to Blake who smirked. "And you... are gay," I said turning to Jeff who visibly stiffened. Cole and Blake eyed Jeff with surprised expressions. "Why would I want to help you guys out?" I said.

They all turned to me. Then the complaining and whining began. Seriously. These boys can whine more than a girl can.

"Have you met her?!"

"All she talks about is herself!"

"She doesn't care about any of us! Maybe except Landon... but still!"

"I hate her!"

"No one likes her!"

"I mean she is pretty hot... but she's clearly not Landon's type!"

"She's annoying."

"What does Landon even see in her?!"

"Chris, please help us..."