Chapter 28

Harry's POV

I wince slightly as I bring the microphone close to the speakers and a screech fills the air. I hurriedly step back, bringing the microphone out of range. I glance back at the rest of the band who was now glaring at me, rubbing their ears as they continue setting up the amps. We still had an hour left until the show started but as far as setting up was going, we were pretty far behind. That was probably my fault to be honest. I'd been stuck in traffic picking up Maedbh and then instead of helping set up, I'd been goofing around talking with her. But now it was getting down to crunch time. Will had mentioned the possibility of a producer coming to check us out so we had to be perfect. I put the mic back in the stand and head back over to where they were setting up the amps and start helping them set up their instruments. By the time we are finally set up, the room is mostly full. I scan the crowd, my eyes landing on Maedbh who was perched up on a bar stool, her camera trained on us. I grin, giving her a small wave, which she quickly returns before grabbing the mic.

"Hello everyone" I call out to a smattering of applause. "We're White Eskimo. Our first song for you tonight is Summer of 69. I hope you enjoy" I pull the microphone away from my mouth, taking a step back as the drums start and Will starts the guitar before launching into the vocals. My eyes scan the crowd and I can see them begin to get into the music, nodding their head along with the beat. I smile slightly, relaxing as the music flows out. A few songs later and the crowd is really feeling it. I glance back at the lads with a tired smile. "Ok, we have one last song for you. I'd like to dedicate it to a very special person. She's stuck by me through all my screw-ups and she's the loveliest person I know." I say with a small smile as the lads strike up the intro. "Isn't she lovely. Isn't she wonderful" I start singing, letting my eyes fall on Maedbh. The room goes silent as I sing the song, the crowd swaying slightly "Lovely made from love" I sing, finishing the song. The crowd is silent for a moment before bursting into applause but all I can see is Maedbh, who's eyes are shining as they look up at me, a smile splitting her face. With our set being over, I hope down off the stage, politely pushing my way through the crowd, offering a smile and thanks to those who congratulated me on a job well done, as I make my way over to Maedbh.

"Hey" I say when I get in front of her.

"That was incredible" she says sincerely her eyes shining. "You sang a song for me"

"Who says it was for you?" I tease with a grin, casting a glance back at the band who was chatting with a few fans while cleaning up their equipment. "C'mon, lets get out of here." I say, slipping her hand into mine and pulling her towards the door.

"Where are we going?" she asks with a laugh after 5 minutes of walking.

"Be patient" I tease, leading her down the familiar path, away from town.

"You're not bringing me out here to kill me are you?" she asks jokingly and I glance back at her, an amused expression on my face.

"Yes, I sing you a song and then I bring you out to kill you" I say with a laugh.

"So you admit you sang it for me" she responds with a grin. I laugh, nodding my head, pausing before the last of the trees.

"Close your eyes" I command. She looks at me confused before consenting. I take her hands, slowly leading her past the last of the trees, stopping a few feet from the ledge. "Ok" I say watching her as she opens her eyes. I watch her expression as she takes in the edge of the cliff, dropping down to the waves below, the stars expanding across the horizon.

"Wow" she finally says and a smile breaks onto my face, relieved she liked it. I settle down on the grass, laying flat so I could look up at the sky and she follows suit, resting her head in the crook of my arm.

"I like it out here" I explain "You can see for miles and then at night, there's no light pollution so you can see tons of stars" She nods her head, her eyes scanning the night sky.

"This is incredible Harry. Thank you" she says. I hesitate a moment, debating my next move. I really wanted to, but I was afraid of how she'd react. What would happen if she rejected me? Grow some balls Harry, I think to myself, trying to shake off the nerves.

"Maedbh?" I ask hesitantly. She turns her eyes away from the galaxy above us, looking at me.

"Yea?" she asks curiously.

"So we've known each other for a while now right? And we get on pretty well for the most part, besides the times I screwed up yea? And well... I was wondering... if like... maybe..."

"Harry just spit it out" she says with a laugh.

"Would you be my girlfriend?" I ask her eyes widen and even in the dark, I can see her cheeks flush.

"Harry I.." she starts saying, trying to find the right words. Oh god, I think wildly, she was going to say no.

"Never mind, don't worry about it. I shouldn't have asked. It was a stupid idea" I start rambling embarrassed.

"Oh shut up, you stupid boy" she says with a light laugh before cutting off my rambling by putting a hand behind my neck pulling my face down to hers and pressing her lips to mine. I'm dumbstruck for a moment, but quickly catch on, wrapping an arm around her waist, pulling her so her body was flush against mine, our lips moving in sync. All to soon, she pulls back so our faces are inches from each other. "Does that answer your question?" she asks lightly and I nod a wide smile threatening to explode off my face.

"Simple yet effective" I say with a laugh before pulling her towards me again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yayyy finally! What do you think so far? Bout time huh? Sorry it took so long to update, school has started up again... :-/ I don't have that much left for this story. Probably only a couple more chapters, but there is a possiblility for a sequel. But yea. You know the drill, Vote and Comment please! :-)