Chapter 11

Harry’s POV

I messed up so bad. I know I did. Things were going great until we went into that damn library. See? Nothing good comes from libraries. My mind flashes back to the moment where I royally screwed up. She had a little mayo on the corner of her lip from the sandwich and as I wiped it away, I was struck by how beautiful her eyes were. The blueness of them just pulled me in and at the moment I wanted nothing more than to kiss her. Luckily I had stopped myself, if she had been that upset about me about to kiss her, imagine what she would have done if I actually had? She had avoided me for the rest of the day. I didn’t know what to do. I stop at my locker at the end of the day and Luke comes up to me.

“What’s wrong mate?” he asks seeing how upset I look.

“Just girl trouble” I say vaguely hoping he doesn’t press it.

“What? Haz has girl problems? I thought the curls helped you pull anyone” he says teasingly. It makes me grin slightly.

“Apparently some girls are immune to my charm,” I say.

“Nah, you’ll win her over,” he says patting me on the back as we part ways outside the school. I’m about to hop on the bus to home when I remember that I was supposed to be going to Maedbh’s house after school today for help. Crap. I think to myself. Was I still supposed to even be coming over? I did really need help though… I debate with myself for a few seconds, looking around to see if I can see her anywhere. No such luck. With a sigh, I step off the bus. I had to go to her house to at least see if I was supposed to be there. I really needed help to pass. My footsteps slow as I grow nearer and nearer to her house. What if she shut the door in my face? What if she didn’t answer at all? What if she did and demanded an explanation? That last question caused me to stop in my tracks. I stare down the street at her house that had just come into view. Could I really do this? I force myself to continue walking, forcing the thoughts out of my head. I’d face what came as it came. I come up to her door and hesitate a second before ringing the doorbell. I stand there waiting, she’s not coming, I think to myself. But then, I hear footsteps coming towards the door. The door opens and I see Maedbh standing there. A flash of shock flits across her face when she sees me.

“What are you doing here?” she asks bluntly.

“I…erm… well basically… “ I stammer. “I…erm...I still need help…” I finish lamely. A look of remembrance flashes across her face.

“Oh yea” she says. She studies my face for a second before pushing the door all the way open with a sigh. She turns her back to me and walks in and I hesitantly follow after her.

“Just wait in the living room, I’ll be down in a bit,” she says as she heads up the stairs. I nod even though she’s not looking and settle myself down on the couch, humming to myself like I do when I get nervous. Music had always been my escape. A way to comfort myself when I was stressed or upset.

“What’s that song?” she asks as she sits down next to me, setting her backpack down by her feet. I jump and look over at her not having heard her come down.

“Oh its er… nothing” I stammer. She raises her eyebrow.