Chapter 26

Harry’s POV

School was boring. Classes just went on and on, and the teachers never taught us anything interesting. It made me wonder how I ever survived days at school. Glancing at the empty seat next to me gave me my answer. Not having Maedbh at school was horrible. Even when she wasn’t really talking to me, she was still there and it provided a distraction. And before Maedbh had moved here, there’d always been Luke in at least a few of my classes. Now Luke had been switched out, and Maedbh was at home with her brother.

Her brother, I think, my mind switching to a new train of thought. He’d finally woken up, after months of a coma. It was incredible.  The fact that he doesn’t remember her is heartbreaking. I really hoped he remembered her soon. If he didn’t…. I couldn’t even imagine how upset she’d be. The bell rings jolting me out of my thoughts and I quickly hurry out of the classroom. I head to my locker, grabbing my bag and throwing my books into it, in a rush to get to Maedbh’s house.

“Hey mate, you look like you’re in a hurry,” Luke says. I look up to see him walking up with a grin.

“Headed to Maedbh’s house,” I say with a grin, my eyes scanning his face to see his reaction to her.

“Oh. That’s cool,” he says blandly. I could tell he was trying to be civil which I appreciated. I nod, knowing that’s the best I was going to get from him. “So does that meant she forgave you? Noticed there was no new video up yesterday.”

“Wha? Oh yea” I say shutting my locker and facing him. I’d completely forgotten about the whole video thing after yesterday. He nods.

“I figured as much, but then when she didn’t show up I thought maybe something bad had happened.” He replies. I shake my head.

“Nah she forgave me, just some family stuff came up,” I explain. “But I really do have to get going, I have to get her homework for her” I explain giving him a quick sorry look.

“Go” he says with a sigh gesturing down the hall and I smile gratefully at him before walking away. I stop by her classes and explain the situation to her teachers who give me her assignments.

“Jesus” I mutter under my breath, the weight of all the papers weighing down. “And I thought I had a lot of work.” I stuff it into my backpack, struggling to zipper it with all my work and hers. By the time I finally get to her house, my back is aching. “How can you survive carrying all this?” I groan, slinging my backpack onto the ground, collapsing onto the couch next to it. She grins, walking out of the kitchen with two cups of tea.

“What not as strong as a 16 year old girl?” she asks teasingly. I stick out my tongue at her as I massage my neck, trying to relieve the tension. “Oh stop being such a baby” she jokes sitting down next to me. She hands me my cup of tea before setting hers on the table. I glance at her confused as she motions for me to spin around but I do as she says anyways. Her hands settle on my shoulders and begin working the knots out of my neck. A moan escapes my lips as her fingers work.

“You’re amazing” I say, my eyes closing. She lets out a chuckle.

“I’ve been told that before” she replies. “One of my friend’s used to tell me that when we got older and she became famous, she’d pay me a million quid per massage.” I let out a laugh, glancing back at her.

“Wow, high rates” I joke earning a smile from her. “So how’s Caellum?” I ask. She freezes for a second before her hands fall off my neck with a sigh. I raise an eyebrow as I spin around to see her grabbing her tea.

“He’s…adjusting,” she says carefully. “Right now he’s up in his room. Hasn’t stepped foot out since we got home. I think he feels bad for not remembering us”  I nod my head sympathetically. The poor kid must feel horrible right now. He must be scared out of his mind for living with people he doesn’t know, and at the same time feel horrible about not knowing them because they all know him.