Chapter 15

Maedbh’s POV

I couldn’t believe I was doing this. I had never missed a day of school. Not even when I was sick. Once I had gone to school when I was really sick and ended up throwing up in the bathroom and I still finished off the day. There had been rumours that I had an eating disorder after that one but it faded in a couple of days. And yet here I was, skipping school. Harry and I walked along the street, taking various turns as Harry instructed until I found us in front of a church. I look at Harry, confusion written over my face.

“I thought we were getting disguises?” I ask.

“Trust me” he says with a grin, opening the door and slipping inside. I follow him and he leads us downstairs to the basement. He flicks on the light and I let out a gasp of surprise. It was filled with different costumes and props and such.

“I used to do community theatre here when I was younger,” he explains as he heads over to one of the racks. I nod my head and look at the rack of clothes in front of me. “What do you think?” Harry asks suddenly and I turn around to see him sporting a fake moustache and a gigantic black wig. I burst out laughing at it.

“I thought the point was not to be noticed” I reply teasingly. He grins wriggling his lip making the moustache dance causing me to laugh again. We goof around with the clothes for a while, putting on everything from the 70’s disco clothes to the surfer outfits. I pulled out my camera at some point and begin snapping pictures of his ridiculous outfits. He steals it occasionally taking a few of me also. I jokingly do the stupid poses that a lot of girls take pictures at like the duck face or the thrusting the boobs out earning a laugh from Harry as he takes the picture. Eventually though we decide on our disguises. For me, I have on a pixie cut brown hair wig and a pair of sunglasses. I also change my clothes into a slightly older, yet not too old, set of clothes. It gave me the appearance of being in my late teens-early 20’s. The wig was itchy though. Harry had tried to put on a bald cap but with all his curls, it made his head look all bumpy so he instead had a red haired wig and a blazer. My eyes had widened when he put on the blazer. He looked really good in it. I had almost protested when he put on the wig but I realized that the curls were pretty recognizable so I didn’t say anything.

“Where to now?” I ask as we head out of the church in our disguises.

“Bowling” Harry says with a smile. I let out a groan.

“I’m horrid at bowling,” I say.

“That’s ok, I am to” he says with a grin. I shake my head.

“No I don’t think you understand how bad I am” I start saying. He just winks in response, smiling that cheeky grin of his. I can see I’m not going to win this argument so I sigh, crossing my arms as we head to the alley. We get our shoes, and I pay for myself despite Harry’s protest. This wasn’t a date so I wasn’t going to let him pay for me. We get to the lane and I pick out a blue ball that wasn’t to heavy and he grabs a green one.

“Ready to see me make a fool out of myself?” I ask after he puts our names into the scoreboard. He grins and nods his head as I walk out onto the lane. I stop at the line and grip the ball in two hands swinging it between my legs before chucking it down the lane. It immediately goes into the gutter and I hear Harry burst out laughing behind me. I stick out my tongue at him. “I told you I’m bad,” I say.