Chapter 19

Harry’s POV

“How did you convince mum to let me out?” I ask, glancing over at Gemma as she drives down the road.

“Told her you were acting a bit odd. That I was worried you had a concussion and that I wanted to take you to the hospital” she explains. “Wasn’t hard for her to believe when you finally came downstairs looking like that,” she says nodding at me. I frown slightly, looking in the review mirror at my reflection. The fight with Luke really had done a number on me. I had a nice sized bruise on my cheek, and a cut on my forehead. The back of my head was also a bit tender from where my head had slammed against the locker.

“Well at least you won’t be lying about where we’re going” I comment earning a look of surprise from Gemma.

“I thought I was driving you to Maedbh’s house?” she asks questioningly. I shake my head. She wasn’t going to be there. She’d be with Caellum, I’d never been more sure of anything in my life. When someone was hurt, the only thing they wanted was to be with family. And while Mr Wakefield was family, he wasn’t Caellum. “Well that was a good ten minute of driving in the wrong direction,” she says with a short laugh taking a quick turn.

“Thanks for this, by the way” I say looking over at Gemma. “Really, it means a lot” She glances over at me with a smile on her face.

“What are big sisters for?” she asks reaching over and ruffling my hair. “Besides, Maedbh is a nice girl, you deserve a nice girl” When we finally arrive at the hospital, I can barely sit still, my nerves are causing me to fidget as I try to think of how to convince her to stay in the same room as me long enough for me to explain.

“Just tell her what you told me” Gemma says, seeing my nerves. I nod my head, and get out of the car, walking through the doors into the hospital. I walk past the Nurse’s desk, nodding at the lady behind the counter. I see a glimmer of recognition in her eyes, which, considering the fact I’d been here every day this week, wasn’t a surprise. I finally come to a stop outside Caellum’s room, pausing a moment to gather my nerves before pushing open the door.

“Maedbh” I start before freezing when I don’t see anyone there besides Caellum. “Oh” I say deflated. I had been positive she’d be here. With a sigh I walk in the door, letting it close behind me and take a seat in the chair besides his bed. “Hey there buddy” I say to Caellum. “How are you today?” Obviously there was no response. “So you’re not talking to me either?” I ask, a lame joke. “I don’t blame ya. If I had the choice I wouldn’t talk to me either. What I did was horrible. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to forgive myself, let alone have others forgive me.”

“Caellum, I’m back, sorry I haven’t been to visit in a while I’ve just been---What are you doing here?” A voice asks turning cold when it notices another presence in the room. I jump at the sound of the voice, turning to see Maedbh in the doorway, glaring at me. “Get out” she says coolly.

“Wait, let me explain” I say standing up walking towards her. She puts up a hand, and I stop in my tracks.

“Don’t come near me,” she says.

“Kind of hard for me to leave then since you’re blocking the door” I say making a lame attempt at a joke, earning a glare in response. “Please” I say trying again. ”Just give me 5 minutes and then if you never want to see me again, I’ll leave you alone” I promise. She gives me a long look, her arms crossed over her chest.