Chap 1

Y/N's POV
It's October 1st, 2003, aka my 14th birthday. I was one of those rare children born through women who weren't pregnant before. I wasn't one of the lucky kids adopted by Hargreeves. I would love to be like them. They get to use their powers for good...and they have such a nice place to live...and...I just really wish I could be one of them.
After cleaning up the house for my mother, I went up to my room. I sat on my bed and stared at the wall thinking to myself.
'I could be like them...I have abilities...I'm jut like them...'
I concentrated and looked at my arms. I saw them go invisible and I cheered quietly to myself before making myself visible again. I heard my front door slam and I jumped.
"Y/N!" I heard my mother scream out my name. I winced and quickly walked out of my room and to her.
"Yes mother?"
"Did you clean the house?"
"Yes mother"
"Good. Now go make me dinner"
My heart sank. 'I can't cook'
"What are you waiting for brat?! Do it!"
"Yes mother"
I walked into the kitchen and frantically looked around. 'What do I do?! What do I do?!'

Eventually I tried to make her some food and she sat down at the table and ate it. I was sitting in my room eating a piece of bread when she screamed out for me again. I placed my bread down and sighed before walking into the kitchen.
"Yes mother?"
"What is this shit?!" She gestured to the food I made.
"I tried to make-"
"I don't care! It's absolutely horrid!" She stood up and took he few steps to me. I felt a burn on the side of my face and quickly brought my hand to it. Tears poked at my eyes, threatening to spill. I looked over at my mom who groaned and grabbed my arm. I frantically tried to escape and she screamed in my face to stop. She dragged my into her bedroom and threw me into her closet. It was dark and she turned on the lights. I watched her pull out a switchblade and I started to hyperventilate. She grabbed my arm and held it to the ground. With the hand holding the knife she pulled up my shirt and pressed the blade to my exposed skin. I screamed out in pain as she dragged the blade over my stomach, leaving nasty cuts behind. She moved her arm to over my mouth and stared at me as tears flowed down my cheeks. She put the knife away and yanked my to my feet throwing me out of her bedroom.
"Get out of my sight you worthless bastard." She told me and slammed the door.

I sat on the ground in front of her bedroom door with tears flowing down my cheeks and my hand clutching my stomach. I stood up quickly and before I could process anything, I had rushed out of my house. I walked down the streets staring at the ground as tears dropped off my face onto the ground. I looked at my arms and noticed they were flickering. I gasped as I realized that I was flickering in and out of being visible. 'How fantastic' I thought and continued walking. When I did finally look up I saw the Umbrella Academy across the street from me. I gasped and frantically continued walking. I needed to cross the street. I don't want to go home but I have no other option. I put my hood up and looked down as I crossed the street. I heard someone call out to me and looked up to see a car coming at me. I held my arms up in front of me and braved for impact.

Five's POV
Me and the others were walking around town. We were having fun and laughing a lot. I noticed a girl across the street and right before she noticed us. She looked, scared? I'm not really sure how to put it but I pushed it out of my mind and continued talking to my siblings. A little while later I saw her crossing the street, she looked sketchy so I figured I'd try to talk to her when a car started coming at her.
"Hey watch out!" I called out to her. I watched her look up and hold her arms in front of her protectively. I was about to try and save her when I saw a rock like structure come up from the ground in front of her. The car drove into that, slightly breaking through and still hitting the girl. She hit the ground and flickered out of being visible. I saw Luther run over to her and I followed with the others.
"Hey are you ok?" I heard him ask.
She didn't respond.
"She's like us..." I heard Allison
"Yeah so? She's not our problem" I spoke up.
Allison and Lither glared at me and I put my hands up in defense.
"Either way what are we going to do about her, she's just laying there and we can't just leave her" I heard Diego.
"Is she even alive?" I asked.
I watched Luther feel for a pulse and nod at me.
"We could just take her back to the house..." Ben spoke quietly.
"Are you insane?! Dad would kill us!" I snapped at him.
He jumped back, "We can't just leave her here to die!"
"I'm with Ben on this, she's like us" Allison spoke and I stared at her like she was crazy.
"No. We can't do that, it's not going end well for anyone."
Diego stepped next to me, "I'm with Five, we can't just bring a stranger into our home, for a reason like having powers"
We all turned to Luther, "Well? What'll it be? You have to decide the vote"
"Why me?" He asked
"You're the only one left who hasn't voted!"
"Wait...where's Klaus?"
We all groaned as we realized that Klaus had strolled away. I walked over and grabbed his arm, dragging him back to the group. When I got back I had seen that Luther had decided we take the girl with us.
"What?! Are you insane?! Think about what Dad is going to do"
"She needs help Five"
I groaned and turned to Klaus. I briefly explained the situation to him, hoping he would side with me.
"I think we should take her with us!" He said perkily.
"What?! Are you serious?! Diego and I are the only ones being logical here"
"Five calm down, we're not adopting her, we're just making sure she doesn't die"
I let out a long groan.
"Fine..."