Sex, Secrets, and Lies ((Part 16))

~Jace~

I couldn't believe it; surely she wouldn't do it again.

And yet she did.

Cheyenne had left us again with no note, and no idea on where she was going or what she was doing.

I had an idea that came to mind with James' face on it.

If she thought I was going to wait around for her again she had another thing coming...

~Anna's POV~

-9 months later-

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. The Elders were going to be furious when they found out that I couldn't get my job done.

Not only had I broken the rules, lied about breaking the rules, and gotten away with it, but I had let Cheyenne get away before I could finish my task. I had been trying to reach her for a while now without any success; I couldn't get where she was -not because I didn't want to, because I wouldn't want anything else if I could- but it was physically impossible too. The chambers where the council presided had so many magic barriers surrounding them, keeping out the supernatural...not that that was what I was, I could easily get in, but once I was in what would I do? Waltz up to Cheyenne and demand that she let me do what I need to do and then leave, abandoning her there?

I couldn't do that. Once they discovered what I had done to her they would kill her...not that they probably weren't going to do that already.

Since I didn't have the information I needed, and because I couldn't ask my Elders about it, I was doing it the old fashion way. Luckily I had a secret weapon when it comes to reading books, if I just lay my hand on it and concentrate all the information comes to me, but its finding the right book that's the problem. There was about thirty-five on the table in front of me now.

When I came into this old, artifact library today, I told them I was doing an assignment for class so they wouldn't get suspicious, but that didn't mean that I could be careless, it had to seem like I was actually reading the books, so I sat down in one of the chairs, opened the book, and placed my hand right in the middle, closing my eyes....this was going to take a while.

Nothing.

I had spent hours absorbing information from books on magics and runes and nothing could help me figure out what it was surrounding the council's place.

I walked down the street frazzled. There was a cool wind whipping my red hair around my face and the moon was out, which makes my skin all the more translucent, and that was attracting a lot of attention from human's passing by.

If only.

If only I had followed the right essence when I had first got here.

If only I hadn't followed Jasmine's and met Jace.

If only I had gotten to Cheyenne right away and taken care of what needed to be done.

If only...

If only...

If only I could talk to my Elders and ask them to help me out.

The more I thought about it the more I realized that that would be my old solution. I had to find a safe place. I cut off the side walk and followed behind the buildings until I was surrounding by trees in a small wooded area.

I drew my runes on the ground with a stick and then sat in the middle of them with my eyes closed, waiting to be dragged into the Angel conference room...

And waited...

And waited...

I felt the tears fall onto my intertwined hands on my lap so my eyes opened. The tears turned into small crystals so I grabbed them and held them close to my chest.

I couldn't feel the magic anymore, the magic that tickled my soul when I needed to make contact with the Elders...my home.

That could only mean one thing and I really didn't want to believe it; they had cut me off. A few more tears fell and I caught them before they could hit the ground and become tainted. They had lost faith in me, blocked my access to them and barred me from my home ultimately cursing my soul to spend the rest of eternity here.

I had been sent here to do a simple task: find Cheyenne and give her my Light to heal the darkness inside of her and then my soul would return home.

But now; now that wouldn't happen.

I would still find Cheyenne and I would still heal her, if only out of honor to myself because even if my people turned their backs on me, I knew that what had to be done was for the greater good. There was one small complication; after I healed Cheyenne not only my outer shell would die, a shell that was never really real to begin with, but my soul would too because an Angel's soul cant survive long outside the confines' of Heaven...

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Alright, very short chapter but I kind of just wanted to give you guys insight on Anna because I know a lot of you weren't sure about her and then I was going to write more BUT I didn't feel like it went along with the chapter.

SO, I promise more soon :)