The Secret Life ((Part 23))

Bum Bum Bum!!!!

Hey all you Jace lovers---I think you're going to really love this chapter which means you should vote extra for it.

:]]]]

Just saying.

Okay so...here it is.

-------

"Cheyenne, wake up. Wake up now."

I stirred in bed and turned over, not wanting to wake up yet. How long had I been asleep.

"Cheyenne, you need to wake up now." Said another voice.

I stirred again and then opened my eyes, everyone was in my room.

"What the-- what's going on?"

I sat up and looked at all of them: Mia, Paige, Jane, Liam, Parker, Dave, Santino, and...Jace.

"Its begun." Jace said, looking solemn.

"Begun?" I asked, trying to shake the sleepiness out of my head.

"Vampires have started attacking large cities all around California, but I have some good news."

I pushed myself to the edge of my bed and slipped my sneakers on.

"Which is?" I asked.

"Four hours till daylight. The attacks are very isolated right now, its as if they're playing with us, but I have a feeling that tomorrow night they are going to get much worse."

I stood up and shook out my body. All my sore spots were feeling a lot less sore right now, but the familiar throb was still there.

"We need to move out then." I said, "Find posts and stay there."

Jace nodded.

"That's what I said," Paige commented. "But they were all like 'oh no, we can't think without Cheyenne to lead us' it was kind of pathetic."

I ignored her sarcasm, she was just stressed, we all were.

"Do you think you can map out the attack sights for me?" I asked Jace.

"Absolutely." He said.

Ten minutes later I had a coffee in my hand and I was looking over Jace's shoulder at a map he had drawn out for me. He made big red circles around the worst spots and smaller red circles around the better areas.

"So there are only nine of us, nineteen if you count the dogs, and I'm counting the dogs. There are three really big areas according to Jace's map and the news..."

I motioned towards the TV which was now on mute but showing images of the bloodshed that had already taken place tonight. They were trying to sell this as the uprising of a gang that calls themselves 'The Fangs' apparently; very un-original.

"Since Paige, Jace and I are the most experienced, we'll lead the groups. The reports on TV are not just of attacking humans, so we have to keep our eyes open. They're reporting several 'crazy' dog attacks, and we know what they mean by that. There is also one other report that some zoo animals have been acting erratic; we're not sure if its just a coincidence or if it's the work of vampires.

"The attack tonight was short and very well planned; its obvious that leader V knows what she is doing. I think tonight wasn't a warning to us, I think tonight was a recruiting. The state sent for the corpses to be brought to the morgue so we also have to keep an eye on that place to make sure none of the bodies spontaneously wake up."

I took a deep breath, proud at the confidence I was exerting.

"We're going to have to split up into teams," I continued. "Jace will lead Parker, Liam, and Jane. Paige will lead Santino and Mia, and I'll get Dave..."