The Secret Moon ((Part 18))

~Chey's POV~

"I found something you might like." Joseph said, stumbling into the room.

He had put his pants back on but still wasn't wearing a shirt. I looked at what he was carrying. It was a piece of white drape or something that had been sewed together in the front.

"It's beautiful," I told him, pretending to be sleepy. "But I can't wear it."

His eyes grew wide and he looked shocked.

"Why not? Because James wants you naked? I'll kill him."

I shook my head, closing my eyes.

"No, I can't wear it because I'm chained, you can't get it around my arms and legs."

I let myself frown so I could show him my disappointment.

"It's a shame, thanks for the effort though."

Joseph threw the homemade dress on the bed and unhooked the chains from my legs and then moved up to my hands.

"This is going to hurt." He told me.

I squeezed my eyes shut and crunched my teeth together; waiting for the pain. Joseph unhooked the chains on each wrist and then focused on one wrist at a time. He gently pulled the chain through but each time a new prong went through, pain shot up my arm.

I kept my mouth closed, trying not to let any noise out that would bring any attention to us in here. When the first chain was out I could feel the fresh blood trickling down my arm and I saw Joseph sitting there, watching it.

"You can have it," I told him. "It's just going to go to waste anyways."

Joseph looked at me and then back at my arm. Slowly, he moved in and licked his tongue across my skin, cleaning off all the blood. Being a fast healer, the blood was already clotting, so once it stopped bleeding, Joseph kissed my wrist and move to the other side. He did the same thing with the other one and when the bleeding stopped he grabbed my hands and pulled me into a sitting position.

Very carefully, he pulled the dress over my head and arms and then put his hands on my waist and pulled me onto my knees, pulling it down until it covered my whole body. I stretched my neck and my shoulders; my body hadn't been free like this for so long, I wanted to run. But I had to play my cards right, I tilted my head backwards and offered my neck to him. He leaned in and kissed both sides of it and then grabbed my face and kissed my lips.

"Where's James?" I asked him, afraid he'd bust in at any minute and kill his brother.

"Upstairs fighting with father; he broke the rules and fucked the she-hound. They're going to fight to the death."

I looked at him, right in the eyes, trying to find any hint of emotion in them.

"And you don't care? That your father and brother are about to kill each other?"

He shrugged. "Nope; James deserves it. I hope father sticks it to him. He thinks he rules around here because he's the eldest son."

I closed my eyes and shook my head; I had been hoping to take it easy on him but now I realized that they were all the same, they could not be tamed. It was then that I heard them; baying in the distance. I had been in these caves long enough to learn the hell-hound noises and recognize them by sound and this was defiantly not a hell-hound noise; I knew the sound then and it almost made my heart break.

They had come for me. I was going to be saved.

"What the hell..." Joseph said, standing up.

He walked over to the door and was about to open it, but I had to stop him. I jumped off the bed and ran up behind him, grabbed him by each side of his head and slamming it against the wall...hard. I didn't want to kill him, I didn't think I had it in me to do it when he was in this position, this helpless, young boy, but I had to incapacitate him and that was the only way I knew how to do it.

"Sorry," I told him, touching his cheek. "But I have to get out of here."

I jumped up then, opening the door and looking around. The hounds were no where to be seen, probably out guarding the exits, making sure no one got in. I stepped out and closed the door, sliding the Iron bolt into place. That might not hold him back for long when he woke up, but at least it would slow him down.

With that out of the way, I knew what I had to do. Mia was around here somewhere, Joseph had let me know she was still alive and here without actually telling me about her. I snuck around to each of the rooms, opening them and looking inside; girls were chained to each of the beds. Some of them had large, round bellies while others had little lumps, or flat stomachs. I felt bad leaving them chained to their beds, but I would come back and held them as soon as any kind of backup got here because if the mutants had come then Jace and the hunters wouldn't be far behind, right?

I opened one of the doors and almost gagged; there was blood all over the walls and floor, dark red blood that was almost black. Hell-hound blood, there had been a battle in here. A movement in the corner of the room caught my eye and I saw that it was a girl.

"Oh my god...Jessica?"

The girl's head snapped up and I could see her blood and tear streaked face. Her eyes were red, and I don't mean from blood, I mean her eyes were literally red.

"Oh god Jess, what did he do to you?" I asked her.

Her lip pulled back over her teeth and she snarled at me.

"Oh Jess..." I whispered. "Oh, I'm so sorry."

She snarled again and scooted farther back in the corner. It was obvious she wanted nothing to do with me and I couldn't take the chance of getting into a fight with her before I found Mia.

"I hope you get better Jessica; for that little girls sake."

And with that I left her room and continued down the hallways. I started using my nose when I discovered a m pattern; all the rooms that had been visited recently smelled like fear, sex, sweat, and blood. The room Mia was in would smell the least like this because since I'd been here I'd been making sure to keep James with me and away from her.

I knew I had found her room when I got to the one that smelled the least like any of those four things. I opened the door and stepped inside taking in the bag of bones on the bed. If it wasn't for the distinct vampire smell on her I would not even recognize her as Mia.

"Mia?" I called, to the still form.

Too still. I was too late. I walked over to her bed and struggled to un-due her restraints; I could feel my hands shaking and my heart squeezing. I had waited too long, taken too long to get here. She was dead and it was my fault. When I got to the restraints on her wrists I heard her moan; it was a small moan, a very breathless and whisper like moan, but still a moan.

"Mia?" I whispered, kneeling down next to her.

"Help me." She breathed. "Help me."

"I will." I told her. "I'm going to help you. Just hang out sweetheart hang on."

"Help." She kept repeating over and over.

Sometimes her voice wouldn't come out and only her lips would move.

"I'm here to help you Mia." I told her. "You don't have to worry anymore."

When I got her un-tied I wrapped her up in the sheets on the bed under her. She was so bony and the temperature had been dropping so much outside that she would surly freeze. I lifted her up and was about to leave the room when I saw three men blocking my way.

"Where do you think you're going?" One of them said, taking a step towards me.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Here's another part people :]

Vote/Comment please

I'm working really hard to finish up The Secret Moon so I can start the next part.

Not sure on a title yet though.

Alright, let me know how you feel about this chapter.

Any predictions on how this story will end? (well The Secret Moon, not the entire story cause even I don't know how it'll end yet)

Slideshow is of Cheyenne in the dress Joseph made her, Joseph, and James :]