The Secret Moon ((Part 5))

I was so confused on the drive to Jace's house.

"So if its not a human performing the abductions and its not a vampire...you're sure its not a vampire?" I asked.

"Positive." Dave said. "Because some of the abductions happened in broad daylight and unless they've become like Jace, we're pretty certain it wasn't a vampire. And besides, that's not their MO. They kill not abduct."

"And its been all girls...you're certain of this as well?" I asked.

"Yes, all girls. Some men were found dead next to where the abductions happened, maybe they tried to stop it from taking place, but that's it." Dave added.

"Okay, so someone is abducting girls, they obviously don't need the men, and we don't think they're killing them. Sex slavery? I mean its not usually common in the US but maybe there is a new ring for it here or something?"

Dave shrugged and pulled Jane close to him. The girl had a heart the size of a horse; here she was, crying over Mia, and I knew crying was not something our kind took lightly. Hell, crying over Cara was the most I had cried in so many years. I still remember the heart breaking feeling I had in my chest because of her death...and now Mia.

She had been my friend, actually, one of the first hunters I had truly befriended. If she was dead...well, I didn't even want to think about that because she wasn't dead. Hopefully she was safe somewhere and we were just blowing this all out of proportion.

We pulled into Jace's darkened garage and got out of the car. Bebe shook out her fur and stretched followed by Shay. They both took off in the direction of Jace's apartment, they knew where we were going. I waited until Jane and Dave were with me to knock on the door; Santino opened it.

"Oh good, you found her."

He led us inside and I saw the confused faces of Jane and Dave when they took in the broken wall and smashed table. Seriously? Could he not have cleaned that up before he had company over? Santino led us into the kitchen where Jace was. He sat at the head of his kitchen table (the only table we hadn't broke in his house).

"There you are. Before you run off next time why don't you stop and ask what's going on. We could have been dispatched looking for Mia but instead we had to look for you because when something doesn't go Cheyenne's way she runs away." Jace said as soon as he saw me.

His tone and anger towards me startled me and I had no comeback.

"Well I'm here now, so what do you need?" I asked, feeling uncomfortable that he had snapped at me in front of Jane, Dave, and Santino.

"I need you to take Bebe to Mia's apartment and see if she can pick up her scent. You three catch up with Parker, Liam, and Paige; report in if you find anything, even if it seems insignificant."

They nodded and then headed out of the kitchen, towards the front door.

"What's all of this about, since when were you in charge of everything?"

"Since you decided to disappear on us when someone who is suppose to be your friend is missing. Did you even realize that no one has spoke to or seen her in almost a week. Do you have any time in your world for anyone other than yourself?"

Oh my god, he was in a really pissy mood and it was ticking me off. If I didn't feel bad enough already I would have started a fight with him; instead, I swallowed my pride and turned to leave the room.

"Cheyenne," Jace called before I could actual get out. "Are you bleeding?"

I froze and thought of something quickly.