The Secret Moon ((Part 6))

I went back to school the following Monday morning.

The new school year had started a couple weeks before and technically I should be in my last year of high school, but who really has time for school anymore. I wasn't going back to school because I felt I needed an education because lets face it, I wasn't going to be some well known doctor or scientist when I grew up; hell, I probably wouldn't even make it past my twenty first birthday --no, I didn't need an education, I went back to school because this year I was a Senior and along with me there were about one-hundred and fifty other eighteen year old girls who were on their final leg into adulthood and who also loved a party.

So why did I go back to school you ask? Because these girls were the prime choices of the kidnapped victims and because Jace ordered me to. Paige, Santino and Dave also had to enroll with their newly faked transcripts. Paige bitched about the other hunters not joining us but the others were nineteen and were needed else where. Jace may have been working all of our asses off but that didn't mean that I hadn't had time to do my own investigating for my own matter. No, I still hadn't found shit, but I was working one it...or at least trying. The wound on my arm had finally started healing and I could now go without that stupid bandage.

My classes were just a cover up for my mission but that didn't mean they were any less boring. I spent each period making a list of all the girls seventeen and eighteen so I could keep track of them. I also put a number of stars next to each name one star being easy-going, non-partying girl, and four being big time party girl. I figured girls who partied more were more likely to get kidnapped because partying made them more vulnerable.

I had never been really social in school; Cara had really been my only friend, so it was hard now to try and get into the flow of things. I smiled at everyone, talked with a lot of animation in my voice, and flirted with both the boys and the girls because seriously, who doesn't like being flirted with? All my hard work paid off my the end of the day when I got not one, but three party invitations for the weekend. Paige, Santino, Dave, and I piled into my car at the end of the day and drove back to Jace's house.

"So I've been invited to three parties; what about you guys?" I asked, with a smile of victory on my face.

"I hate school," Paige bitched. "They tell you how to dress, what to say, how to act; I feel like I'm in Germany when Hitler ruled."

This got a few snickers from our group.

"So I'm guessing that's a big fat zero?" I teased Paige. She threw a pillow at my face.

"Santino and I got an invitation too for the Bailey kegger." Dave said, looking over at me.

I nodded, "Yup, that's one of the ones I got too. Must be the bigger of the three parties and also the reason its on Saturday..." I trailed off. "What do you think we should do Jace?"

I know, I asked Jace for his opinion, that's very big of me.

"We're all going to this kegger. The other, smaller parties only Dave, Santino, Paige and you will go to because it'll be easier to find crashes at those."

I nodded and so did everyone else, it made sense. If predators were prowling around the parties they might get spooked seeing our big group at the smaller parties, but at the bigger ones, it was easier to blend in.

"So we're partying this weekend?" Paige asked with a glow in her eye.

"Yes Paige, but we need to stay focused so no heavy drinking and no random hook-ups. We're going there to work, not play." Jace reprimanded her.

Paige stuck her tongue out at him and I shook my head.

"So whose up for a little partying?" Dave asked with a keen smile on his face.