The Secret Moon ((Part 17))

~Jace's POV~

I'd underestimated the hunters, with a quick call of "don't get bitten" we had launched into a full scale attack against the seven hell-hounds stalking us. The easiest way to make sure they stayed dead was tearing their heads off, so I did just that.

The hell-hounds might be strong, but in their hound form they don't have the mind capability of their human form and can only think of one thing at a time. Right now, it was obvious that these hounds were just thinking of the kill because they were doing very little to protect themselves.

I grabbed one hound by the head, using him like a bat by swinging his body into the other hounds that jumped at me. I got such a fast spinning momentum going that by the time I slammed his body into a tree, his head cleanly detached from it, still in my hands. I threw it down on the ground and kicked it away and then turned to face the hunters and dogs.

They were all staring at me, this seemed to be a common thing now.

"So that was good news." I told the hunters.

"How is being attacked by hell-hounds 'good news?'" Liam asked, popping his shoulder back in place.

"Because, that's seven less hell-hounds we have to kill when we get there. You guys might not realize this, but those Seekers, the ones that have been kidnapping the girls; they are forbidden by their leader to phase; phasing is an honor to them. The packs greatest majority is Seekers, so yea, they'll provide us some fight, but they're going to be in human form. Still strong, but pretty easy to take down."

The hunters looked at one another and then me again.

"Are you guys ready for this?"

They nodded.

"Good, now lets move."

~Chey's POV~

James hadn't been back to see me in a while, which was kind of disappointing.

Laying in this bed all the time was making me stir crazy and I could feel my wrists healing themselves around the chains which was going to be a bitch when I finally got the chance to break free.

The door to my room opened and a tall, gangly body slipped in.

"Hi Joseph." I said, as James' brother made his way over to me.

He was smiling that smile that said 'I'm doing something I'm not suppose to be doing and I love it.'

"James wont be back for a while, he's...busy." Joseph told me, crawling into bed next to me.

That was his latest bold move. At first it was just touching my hand or hair, talking to me. But now he had gotten brave enough to crawl into bed next to me; James was probably going to be gone for a while.

"What's he doing?" I asked Joseph, cuddling up to him as much as my restraints would let me.

"Doing something bad, something father told him not to do."

I could tell that he was leaving some things out, but as long as James was going to be gone for a while...

"Have you ever had a girl before?" I asked him, looking into his eyes.

James shook his head. "I'm not old enough yet. We're only allowed to mate after we've reached maturity, and only if we have close relation to the pack leader or the elders of that pack."

I smiled at him and bit my lip.

"Don't you want to try it though? Wouldn't you like to have me as your own?"