The Secret Life ((Part 8))

I listened to my mom screaming all night.

I didn't care.

She had brought this on herself, it was only a matter of time until I slipped up and mentioned something to her. Serves her right.

When a person has their memory erased, the memory will never come back as long as the events that were erased are never brought up in front of the person.

By bringing up that dad had been killed and he hadn't actually left us, mom was getting back all of her horrible memories; and I didn't care.

Maybe now she would learn to shut her mouth and let me do what I had to do.

I watched the sun come up over the horizon and crawled out of bed, towards my bathroom. This would be my second night with absolutely no sleep. I didn't care. It seemed that, of the late, I didn't care about many things; well I did care about slaying vampires, and charging up on Jace's blood, those things I cared about. Everything else in comparison just seemed small and a waste of time. Even my poor dogs were noticing the rejection, not that I cared.

By the time it was time to go to school I had already been ready for an hour. During out hunt last night Jace and I had killed a vampire that actually had some class, so I got myself a new car, finally. That was how I always had a nice car, Cara just thought that my dad was sending me pity gifts for leaving me, but of course my dad was dead and these cars were coming from the living dead so I kind of found that ironic.

I let my new Cadillac purr to life and a very satisfied smile spread across my face.

I gunned it down my driveway as fast as I could, cutting off the stupid, yellow bus and burning out on the road. The bus driver slammed on his breaks and honked, but I ignored him.

I got to school in record time and claimed the parking spot that had been mine for so long. Cara was waiting for me, by the front door, so I went around back, trying my best to avoid her. Impossible.

I could sneak past any vampire but it was impossible to sneak past my best friend.

She was waiting by my locker, a very devilish grin on her face.

"I saw you sneaking around back and I just came her to tell you I call truce. I miss you and there is so much I want to talk to you about."

I faked a smiled and said, "Good, because I was only avoiding you so we wouldn't fight anymore. I can't stand it and I miss you too."

And an Oscar for the best actress goes to...me. Thank-you, thank-you very much.

Cara pulled me into a hug and smiled again.

She linked arms with me and dragged me off towards the commons area so we could talk before class started.

"Oh my god, so Logan and I have been dating, which you know about, and last night we got into this really hot make-out session and he was getting really turned on and stuff but I stopped him, because I'm a virgin and all, and he kept persisting but then I told him that I really didn't want to and he stopped..."

She paused to get us out of earshot of nosy, horny teenagers.

"Anyways, he was all like, 'Okay, we'll wait until your ready' which was so romantic and guess what? I think we're gonna do it tonight!"

I nearly barfed in my mouth.

"Say what?

Cara smiled at me. "We're going to have s-e-x!" She shrilled.

"No, I got that. But really? You're going to have sex with Logan?"

"Keep your voice down." Cara scolded me, making sure no one over-heard my outburst. "Of course I'm going to have sex with him. I mean he's hot, he's really into me, I'm really into him, and I think it'll be best if I just get it over with."