The Secret Life ((Part 5))

I stared at my naked body in the full length mirror that was holstered on the back of my bedroom door. The fist size bruise that had been very prominent on my back the night before was now no more than a yellowish blemish.  

The dark circles under my eyes still remained but it was time to face the facts, as long as there were vampires walking the earth, those circles would always be there.  

I lifted my arms above my head and watched my body stretch with them; my hip bones were so prominent and pointy that I could probably pass as anorexic, though I was not.  

I sighed and grabbed my black lace bra, that I had gotten back from Austin earlier in the day, and fastened it. I shifted my boobs around until they were comfortable and then searched my drawer for a pair of panties. I found a light teal pair and pulled them on.  

I sighed again, searching my room for my favorite black halter top. Why was it that my shit was never on the chair I left it on? I saw his shirt, laying mashed up on my bed where I had thrown it this morning and I wondered briefly if he had taken it off his own back to cover me up with...  

Without thinking I had walked over to my bed and picked the shirt up, pulling it to my face. The smell of Creed cologne was still strong on it.  

"Mix-matched underwear, huh? I always pegged you for the matching type."  

My eyes flew open, and with my demon enhanced reflexes, I shoved Jace's shirt under my pillow before he could see it.  

"What the hell are you doing in my room? Didn't I tell you if I saw you again I would kill you?"  

Jace watched me for a moment and then sighed. "Cheyenne, you need to know, I wasn't aware of what your father was doing with the blood, I had always assumed it was for his own use; honestly, I thought he had some crazy addiction to it or something," He paused. "It wasn't until I met you; I think you were around a year old, that I realized what he was doing."  

I watched him pace my floor, one of his hand permanently yanking on his platinum blond hair.  

"I told him what he was doing was preposterous, it was child abuse. No one had ever experimented on the affects of vampire blood on children. Small doses are known to adult humans...well, lets just say when a vampire takes a human as a lover, they typically will do a blood exchange first to heighten the humans senses and such..."  

Jace paused again and looked up at me. "But I had been delivering blood to him for over a year, and I threatened to stop, but then he reminded me what was at stake."  

"Oh yes, condemn my life so you can skip on the beach during sunset, how noble of you." I spit.  

Jace shook his head at me, his violet eyes suddenly exhausted. "You like to see the worst in people, Cheyenne, because it makes it easier for you when they disappoint you. You loved your father so much, and when he told you what he had been doing, it devastated you."  

"Don't you dare pretend to know how I feel." I warned him. "Because you can't even begin to imagine what I've been through."  

Jace stopped pacing and leaned against my desk, giving his hair another yank.  

"He had my sister Cheyenne, my baby sister. At first, I delivered the blood, killing so many other vampires to get it, because I was alone. My sister and I had lived together in a small place just outside of San Francisco for a long time, but one day she just up and left...I thought it was my fault and that was how your father caught me, my guard was down and I was weak from searching the city for her without feeding...He offered me an out. Do that for him, get him the blood, and he wouldn't kill me. And so I had started, it wasn't suppose to go on as long as it did, but it became something that I looked forward to, something that someone needed me for. And then I tried to get out, because I had met you, and he told me about my sister and how him and his men had her..."