The Secret Moon ((Part 15))

I looked over James' profile; he was well built, hard abs, nice v-cut where his hips were, muscled arms that had great definition -all in all he was completely my type and under normal circumstances I probably would have enjoyed being his sex-slave, but I just wasn't that girl anymore and I had a feeling I would never be her again.  

I thought of a retort. "A lot of guys wait a long time for me and most of them are still waiting."  

James chuckled and threw his shirt, which he'd taken off moments before, on the ground somewhere. He sat down at the edge of the mattress and touched my leg.  

"Yes, I've heard of your notorious track record, but there is one difference between those guys and me."  

"Oh yea?" I asked. "And what is that?"  

James moved so quickly I would mistake him for a vampire if I didn't know any better. One second he was sitting by my feet and the next second he was hovering on top of me, his face inches from mine.  

"I'm going to have you, and then have you again and again and again..." 

He trailed his lips along my cheek and neck, not pausing anywhere, just tracing it, arousing the skin he skimmed with goose bumps. I knew what would happen now and how this would play out if I acted out or tried to go against him; he would always win, regardless. For my sake, and for the sake of ever escaping again, I had to play a role -not a role I would ever be proud of- but a role I was all to familiar with.  

As his lips traced my boobs and my stomach I closed my eyes, smiled, and let a little moan escape my lips. If he was looking for a fight he wasn't going to get one because I was the queen of faking an orgasm and I knew how to make the guys believe they were getting what they wanted.  

I had had a lot of sex in my life and none of it meant anything; no guy was ever able to make me feel, Austin was the only one who ever came close, and we all know how that turned out. Faking a smile and a little moan here and there was enough to keep guys satisfied, and I knew how to play that card well.  

Jace was the only one who could make me feel anything remotely close to true feelings.  

If I was going to survive this ordeal I had to turn off this new, slightly improved and changed Cheyenne and turn on the old one so that was why I squeezed my eyes shut and shut out everything around me.  

I shut my eyes and I forgot where I was and who I was with and instead replayed all the scenes that I shared with Jace because holding on to that was how I was going to get through this.

~Jace's POV~

It had been the perfect plan, the best way to find Cheyenne -releasing the mutants and tracking them through the woods, how hard could that be?  

The only problem was that the mutants scent was much like vampire's scent, if nothing interferes with it like blood or constantly returning to the same spot, than the scent disappears after a few hours. We had tracked them the entire night until the sun came up, and then kept tracking them, thinking it would be easy to find them while they were denned up somewhere waiting out for dark; but we never caught up to them.  

Bebe and her pack of dogs had been running since she'd taken off after the mutant's trail so when she finally turned around and came back to us she was dehydrated and had bloodied paws, all of the other dogs did too, so we took the rest of the day to tend their wounds and rest. It was hard to remember that Bebe was just a regular dog after seeing her fight and work, but after tending her injuries and watching her worry, I realized that there was nothing special about her -she didn't have vampire blood in her nor was she in any way modified, she was just a loyal companion, seeking out the girl she loved, the girl we both loved.