❄ 4 ❄️ The Incident ❄️

❄ ❄️ The Incident ❄️

City Of London Academy
Thursday, January 06, 2007

Bell woke Wren early the next morning by bouncing on her bed.

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" she yelled as she bounced up and down beside her.

Wren groaned and rolled over onto her back, tossing an arm over her eyes.

"Bellamy Catherine, stop bouncing this instant!" she snarled loud enough so the little fairy could hear her over her excited giggles.

"Snow White! Snow White! Snow White!" she yelled again as she continued bouncing.

The older girl's leg shot out and the younger girl toppled over, crashing down on top of her. They both heard Briar laughing her head off over their loud groans and moans of pain. Wren glared at the girl as she pushed her twin sister off of her and slid out of bed. She glanced at the alarm clock on the bedside table and almost swore.

"Why did you wake me up at six o'clock in the morning?!" she nearly shouted at Bell.

The fairy pouted sadly and Wren sighed heavily in frustration. She turned on her heels and stalked into the bathroom without another word to either of the twins. After a twenty-minute shower, a new record for her, she wrapped a couple of towels around her head and body and walked back into the bedroom. Bell was laying out her uniform while Briar was preoccupied with the laptop. Wren sat down at the vanity table and Bell came to stand behind her, ready to style her hair for the day. The other girl towel-dried her ice blonde hair first and then blow-dried it until the strands were silky and smooth. After she was dressed and made up, she and the twins headed down to the great hall for breakfast.

THE girls all climbed down from the bus and Wren ran around to the back of the school and hurried through the back entrance, trying to avoid the prying eyes and the stupid rumors of her fellow classmates. She raced through the hallways, flitting into bathrooms whenever she caught sight of gossip mongers. She sighed in relief once she reached the solitude of the library, as nerds and non-gossipers were the only ones inside. Wren quickly found a deserted study nook, sat down, and took out her library book. She opened the book to the page she'd marked and begun reading.

Aang raced out of the air temple, toward the place where the monks kept the flying bison and other animals. He ran to his pet bison, Appa, and buried his face in the great beast's snowy white fur...

The bell rang loudly suddenly, startling her from her reading. She sighed and tucked the book back into her schoolbag. Time to face the music, she thought to herself bitterly as she stood up and walked out of the library. She made it English just as the first warning bell rang. She walked into the classroom and took her seat, ignoring the probing gazes and the quiet conversations of the students around her.

Wren pulled out the assigned book, notebook, and a pen and placed them on her desk. She opened Wuthering Heights and began scanning the chapter they had been assigned for homework the day before, glancing at the homework packet and checking and rechecking her answers. She heard a bag drop to the floor beside her suddenly but didn't look up to see if it was Rhys Vulcan. Out of her peripheral vision, she saw Rhys take his seat in the desk beside hers, pulled out his book and homework packet, placed them on his desk before turning toward her. She continued to ignore him and flipped to the next chapter in the book.