❄ 19 ❄️ The City Of Forks Welcome You ❄️

19 ❄️ The City Of Forks Welcomes You

Forks, Washington,
Monday, March 07, 2017

Wren was sitting behind the wheel of her baby, a silver 2017 Nissan Frontier truck, humming along 'Slow Dance' by Keri Hilson that was playing on the radio.

Come here baby, sometimes I just wanna dance with you.
Hold me like this!
Just rock with me.

Rhys groaned in exasperation and she grinned at him mischievously.

"Why can't you listen to your iPod like normal people?" he whined like a child.

Put your arms around me boy,
I got something to show you, tonight.
And you know I need undivided attention baby.
Whoa
Ain't no other girl can rock your world like I
So

"Why are you torturing me?!" Rhys moaned next.

Wren giggled hysterically and just grinned at him once more.

"If you don't like it, listen to your own iPod then." she teased him, a smirk forming on her lips.

Rhys grunted in annoyance and pulled out his iPod and iPhone and soon the silly sounds of Angry Birds Rio filled the cab of the truck. Rhys nodded his head in beat to the song he was listening to as he used his thumb to knock over blocks surrounding the birds and pigs. Wren smiled and shook her head at him, turning her attention back to the road. After an hour of listening to the radio or iPod and playing games, they passed a sign that reads: The City of Forks Welcomes You, Population: 3,175. After a half-mile of nothing but trees, they entered the small town.

Ween drove around small, rainy town, searching for a place to stay temporarily. She pulled in front of a two-story log cabin on Main Street and cut off the engine. A sign in the front yard informed any passersby that the owners were renting out two bedrooms. Rhys and Wren both climbed out of the truck and walked up the path to the front door. They ascended the short stairs to the porch and she knocked lightly on the door.

"Just a second." A frail voice called out before the door opened a few minutes later.

An elderly woman in her mid-fifties was standing on the threshold, blinking at them curiously. Wren smiled at her warmly and held out her hand towards her.

"Good evening." she greeted the elder woman warmly. "My name is Wren Alba and this is my brother Rhys Vulcan."

The elder woman looked from Wren to Rhys and back, her lips thinning into a straight line, her soft grey eyes narrowing suspiciously.

"Hello." she greeted the younger woman back after a few minutes of studying them silently. "My name is Annalee Radcliff. I understand that you came to ask about the rooms?"

Wren nodded her head in response to her question. Mrs. Radcliff looked at Rhys again, her eyes taking in his tall, lean form, pale white skin, incredibly handsome features, and deep golden topaz eyes. Her eyes widened suddenly and she stared at him in awe.