❄ 30 ❄ Imprint ❄

30 Imprint

First Beach, La Push
Wednesday, May 18, 2017

Screams and shrieks of laughter echoed across the black sands of First Beach as children and parents played together or laid about on towels. Embry Call inhaled deeply, reveling in the musky scent of wet sand and the salty spray of the blue-gray ocean. Children of various ages ran past him, giggling and teasing each other as he slowly ambled down the sandy beach, taking in the sights of colorful umbrellas and picnic baskets waiting to be rummaged through, its contents eaten. Two dark-haired boys raced past him suddenly as he neared the empty strip of beach. The first boy turned towards the second and grinned at him mischievously, his dark eyes sparkling in his brown face.

"Catch me if you can, Mishael!" He called teasingly to his identical twin brother.

The boy called Mishael released a low rumbling growl that made Embry look at them both twice before chasing after his brother and tackling him halfway down the beach. The breeze changed direction slightly as he watched them wrestle a few yards away. A warm, woodsy scent that seemed rather familiar filled his senses and he stared at twins in shock. The first boy rolled from underneath his brother and pushed his head into the sand before springing up and racing down the beach, laughing hysterically.

"Zephon!" Mishael growled furiously as he jumped to his feet and raced after his brother.

Zephon laughed again and ran further down the beach with his brother hot on his trail, snarling and growling as they both disappeared from view around the bend. They're Shapeshifters! Embry thought to himself, slightly awed and perplexed at the same time. He continued walking, debating on whether to tell Jacob of this new circumstance. He paused on a bare stretch of sand and sat down in a warm patch of sunlight, gazing out over the calm, blue-gray waves of the ocean, letting his mind empty itself of thoughts. Sunlight glistened on the small waves as they brushed against the sandy beach, seagulls screamed as they swoop down to pluck unsuspecting fish from the sea.

Embry glanced up and down the beach and saw children running to their parents as they called for lunch. He sighed heavily and looked away morosely, staring across the water again. A patch of black hair emerging from the water caught his attention suddenly. He watched with mild interest as a body followed the head from the water. He blinked, stunned, as a girl emerged completely from the water, wringing her long black hair as she made her way up towards the beach.

The shrieks of laughter and screams died away suddenly, along with the cawing of the seagulls and the hiss of the waves. The salty air stopped blowing as sunlight flashed brightly, illuminating the girl before him. Even the sand beneath his feet felt like air. He stared, entranced, as the girl reached the beach finally. She was tall and slim with long black hair hanging down her back to her waist. She was wearing a black two-piece bikini with a matching sarong, which she proceeded to tie around her hips.

She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, besides the Cullen and Denali women, which didn't count because they were all vampires. The girl looked up the beach at him suddenly, her warm hazel eyes full of curiosity. She paused, her mouth dropping open, as she continued to stare at him. His dark brown eyes glued to hers, Embry rose slowly to his feet. They both stood completely still, staring at each other. After a few seconds of staring at him, she dropped her eyes as her eyebrows furrowing in frustration.