❄ 21 ❄️ Wren Alba's Tale ❄️

21 ❄️ Wren Alba's Tale

The Cullen House

Renesmee Cullen Black walked out of building number six, her chocolate brown eyes automatically scanning the school grounds and the parking lot for her family. Her aunt Alice Cullen and uncle Jasper Hale, followed by her aunt Rosalie Hale and Kate Denali, walked out of building five and head straight towards the cars to wait for the others to join them. Garrett and Tanya Denali walked out of building four and joined the others by the cars.

Her mom and dad walked down the pathway that led away from building two. Nessie smiled softly as her mom took her dad's hand into her own and he pulled her into his side, draping his arm around her shoulders. Jake, her loving husband, followed by Leah and Seth Clearwater, Embry Call and Quil Ateara, strode out of the forest between buildings one and two. They had a free period last hour and had gone down to the La Push Reservation to talk to the Quileute elders.

From the grim set of their bronze faces, she suddenly knew, with a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach, that their fears had been confirmed. With her heart thumping painfully inside her chest, Nessie thought of the boy who was now going through a rapid growth spurt, marking the beginning of his maturity. The poor kid would have to cut off his hair soon. she thought to herself sympathetically as she remembered Jake telling her of his trans-formation and having to cut his hair short. She sighed heavily, trying to imagine him with long, luscious black hair but failed miserably.

Nessie suddenly heard the squeak of hinges as the metal door opened behind her. The sweet, aromatic mixture of blackberry, crisp apple, and moss swirled about her, stunning her senses. She turned around to saw Rhys Vulcan and Wren Alba exiting the building. Wren had been in the same class as her with Coach Primes as their instructor while Rhys had been in Coach Cain's class. The teachers had set up two sets of volleyball nets and split the students up into four groups, Coach Cain's two groups against Coach Primes' two groups.

Wren had been on Nessie's team and they played against Rhys' team. Both of the newcomers had played like professional athletes and soon both teams were tied 5-5. Their movements were so lithe and graceful that it had left the students, even the teachers, speechless with awe. Wren tucked a stray strand of her ice blonde hair behind her ear and then looked at Nessie suddenly. Nessie flushed bright red at having been caught staring.

Her ice-blue eyes brightened at the sight of the hybrid girl and a pretty smile spread across her deep red lips. She walked towards Nessie as Rhys fell into step beside her, staring at the other girl with curious, golden eyes. Nessie flushed bright red a second time underneath his gaze as a wave of self-consciousness flooded through her body.

"Hi." Wren greeted the other girl warmly as she stopped in front of her.

"Hey," Nessie replied softly, shyly.

She smiled again and linked her arm through Nessie's, leading her across the campus to the parking lot as Rhys fell into step behind them. Nessie felt his curious gaze boring into her back and tried to ignore it. Wren spoke suddenly, startling her.