❄ 7 ❄️ A Rocky Beginning❄️

7 ❄️ A ROCKY BEGINNING

Appleton Manor
Sunday, January 09, 2007

Bell straightened the last of Wren's ice blonde hair, brushing it out and pushing an orange headband onto her head before stepping back to examine the older girl's reflection in the mirror. Wren watched her warily; she had that scary gleam in her emerald green eyes. She could almost see the wheels turning in her head and felt her heart sink as apprehension churned in her stomach. Bell was debating with herself on whether to let her be or to change her, again. Wren was currently dressed in a yellow, long-sleeved shirt with orange writing slanted down the front.

Her legs were covered in a pair of skin-tight, dark wash jeans. Her feet were covered in a pair of ballet flats that matched her shirt. Her accessories were a mixture of yellow and orange jewelry. Her makeup was flawless: her ice-blue eyes were outlined in black mascara; the lids were colored in yellow eyeshadow, her cheeks were dusted with a baby pink blush, and her lips were covered in a layer of clear lip gloss. Her ice blonde tresses were immaculately straight and it hung down to her waist.

Like usual, after being dressed by the Fashion Queen herself, Wren looked amazing. She briefly wondered how Rhys would react when he saw her now and quickly pushed the thought from her mind as Bell picked up the brush again. The younger girl ran the bristles through the older girl's hair a couple of times, her expression is thoughtful. Her twin sister sighed loudly from the bed where she lay on her stomach, playing Mahjong on Wren's laptop.

"Leave her be, Bellamy," Briar grumbled loud enough for Bell to hear. "It's not like she's going out on a date."

The other girl huffed loudly in annoyance as Wren rose quickly to her feet. The older girl walked across the room, over to the wall that has built-in rows of shelves filled with books. She pulled down a thick, leather-bound journal, walked over to the bay window, and sat down on the blue cushioned bench. She opened the grey journal to the first page and began reading.

August 05, 1854

August 05, 1854

Sirinia Lillium Black

Virginia Black and her twin brother crept out of Number Twelve Grimmauld Place and raced each other down the road to Grimmauld Square Park as the house disappeared behind them. The twin siblings ducked inside the iron gate and ran across the deserted park. As soon as they were out of earshot of the house, Rini stopped running and laughed happily, twirling about on the spot. She lifted her face to the full, silvery-blue moon, soaking in its soft rays. Sirius laughed with her, stopping a few feet away from her, breathing heavily. She stopped spinning and glanced over at him. He was grinning happily, his teeth gleaming white in the moon's rays.