❄ 11 ❄️ Vampires Are Real ❄️

11 ❄️ Vampires Are Real

City Of London Academy
Wednesday, January 13, 2007

Wren entered the cafeteria and notice that she was the first one to arrive. A nagging sense of suspicion forced its way to the forefront of her mind, telling her that this was not normal for a high school, as gossipy girls and starving boys usually swarmed the area at this time of day. Pushing the thought aside, she made her way to their usual table located at the back of the hall, situated underneath the windows. She sat down in her usual seat, placed her backpack down on the chair next to her, and pulled out her library book. She opened the book to the page she had marked with a colorful bookmark and began reading.

The seconds ticked by without any sounds of chattering and laughing students migrating towards the cafeteria for their daily serving of the ghastly rations the school board had "deemed" worthy of being called school lunch. Uneasiness trickled through Wren's veins as she finally looked up and glanced around the large, silent room. With her heart sinking down to her feet, she noticed for the first time that lunch was not on the display tables and the lunch staff was nowhere to be seen. She replaced her book inside her backpack and rose to her feet, slipping the strap onto her shoulder. Wren made her way over to the large double doors that led into the school's kitchen and pushed open one of the heavy doors.

The room was completely empty as if every member of the staff had stopped what he or she was doing and left immediately. Feeling as though she was missing something very important that needed everyone in the school, including the kitchen staff, Wren stepped back and let the door swing back into place. She turned around and started walking forward, her ice-blue eyes on the floor as she thought hard about what the problem could be. Was there an emergency assembly that I don't know about? Her ice blonde eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she pulled out her mobile, quickly searching through her messages, thinking that one of the twins would have informed her if and when the school had an emergency.

An ominous chuckle echoed from across the room. Her grip loosened around the phone, it slipped through her fingers and clattered to the tile floor, shattering into millions of pieces. Her head slowly turned in the direction the sound had come from, towards the doors leading into the cafeteria. There, blocking the only entrance and exit to the large room, stood a tall, slightly muscular man with extremely pale skin, shoulder-length dark brown hair, handsomely chiseled features, and eyes a bright, ruby red color, just like the eyes from her dream. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end as her heart stopped and then restarted, beating double its limit. Adrenaline, fear, and the need to scream for help against this inhumanly beautiful man battled for dominance inside her body.

Wren stared at him unblinkingly, frozen to the spot as his gaze dropped from her face to roam hungrily over her willowy figure. She shivered in nauseating disgust underneath his predatory, feeling as though she was a piece of meat on display at the local supermarket. The gleaming, ruby red eyes of the man flickered up to her own, a sadistic smile spreading across his pale face, revealing two rows of neat, ultra-white teeth. Wren stared back at him, her ice-blue eyes widening as he stalked towards her, hunting her, his body curling into a predatory stance, a menacing growl rumbling from deep within his chest and echoing through the silent hall. Adrenaline suddenly kicked fear and the need to scream out of its way and flooded her mind, spurring her body into action.