❄ 27 ❄ Discovering Masika Jafari-Attwater's Secrets ❄

27Discovering Masika Jafari-Attwater's Secrets

Monday, May 16, 2017

Wren was in her bedroom on the fourth floor of the Cullen house when she suddenly heard the most revolting sound she had ever heard her life: the sound of someone vomiting profusely. She paused in the middle of brushing her long, ice blonde hair, her stomach churning queasily as she listened closely to find where the sound was coming from. The sound drifted up to her from the third floor. Wren placed the brush down on the counter in the adjoining bathroom and orbed down into the hallway below. She was now standing outside the door of the bedroom Nessie shared with her husband. She could hear the young hybrid vomiting through the bedroom door.

"Nessie?" When called to the other girl softly, knocking gently on the door. "Are you alright?"

There was a slight pause in the vomiting and then the sounds of the toilet flushing and water running reached her through the door. She heard Nessie walk into the bedroom before crossing to the door and opening it. The first thing that Wren noticed about her was that her face was pale and her eyes were watery.

"Are you ill?" she asked her softly in concern.

Nessie shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly, not meeting the other girl's ice blue eyes as she spoke.

"It must be my allergies messing up," she replied dully.

Wren stared at her suspiciously, sensing that the other girl was not telling her the truth. Nessie stared back at her, alarm flaring in her chocolate brown eyes. Wren knew immediately that she was keeping a secret.

Do you want to tell me what you are keeping a secret? she spoke into her mind telepathically.

The hybrid girl's eyes widened in shock and she opened her mouth to speak but at the sound of three different sets of footsteps coming down the hallway, she snapped it shut. Nessie glanced frantically down the hallway at the approaching footsteps. Wren turned around just in time to see Edward, Bella, and Jacob walking toward them, their facial expressions full of concern. Jacob took one look at his wife and hurried to her side quickly. Nessie glanced up at her husband helplessly as he took her hand in his, his thumb smoothing over her knuckles in a soothing way. Nessie looked back at Wren, her eyes pleading silently.

Can we talk more privately? she thought to the other girl.

Wren nodded her head in answer to Nessie's telepathic thought and then used Bella's Shield to block their thoughts from Edward's Telepathy. Out of the corner of her peripheral vision, Wren could see Edward frowning at her, glancing suspiciously from her to his daughter and back to her. She caught his eye and smiled apologetically at him. She then gestured for Nessie to follow her and turned to walk down the hallway towards the staircase. They both descended the staircase to the first floor and walked out of the front door.

The girls strode silently through the garden and across the clearing to the river. They both jumped the river together and ambled slowly into the forest. Wren walked silently through the trees, listening to the birds chirping and the insects buzzing, gazing at the trees that surrounded them like an earthy blanket. Nessie stopped walking as soon as they were outside vampire hearing range, physically and mentally turned towards the other girl.