❄ 24 ❄️ Rosalie's Past ❄️

24 ❄️ Rosalie's Past

The Cullen House
Wednesday, April 13, 2017

Rosalie Hale McCarty laid across the bed in the bedroom she shared with her mate and husband Emmett, staring up at the ceiling. The Newcomers had been living with her family for a month and she still didn't like it. Why can't anyone respect my feelings? she thought to herself grumpily. Rosalie sighed heavily and rolled over onto her side to stare morosely out of the glass wall, watching the dark clouds rolling across the pale blue sky. It was going to rain today. She sighed again and closed her eyes.

"It's going to rain today," said Rosalie, sighing as she turned to her best friend and cousin, Joseline Hall.

The other girl turned away from her writing to look at her, her ice-blue eyes sparkling with mirth.

"Would you like to go out to play in the rain, Rosie?" Joseline asked her teasingly.

Rosalie smiled at her cousin sadly, feeling slightly guilty for leaving her behind again. Today Royce was going to take her to meet his family.

"I'm sorry, Josie, but I can't. Royce is taking me to meet his family today."

The sparkle left her cousin's eyes as she lowered them to the red-carpeted floor of the drawing-room. Joseline nodded her head slowly in understanding before turning away from her cousin. Silence passed between the two girls as Rosalie turned back to stare out the window. She watched silently as the dark clouds drew nearer and nearer.

"Do you have to go, Rosie?" Joseline asked her quietly.

Rosalie could hear the uncertainty and disgust in her voice. She turned to look at her cousin. Her back was facing towards her, her long, icy blonde hair trailing in a thick plait down her back.

"What do you mean?" Rosalie asked the other girl as her heartbeat accelerated inside of her chest.

"I don't like the way he looks at me," whispered Joseline quietly.

Rosalie sighed loudly and crossed the room to her cousin's side. She placed her hands on the other girl's shoulders and turned them, signaling that she wanted her to turn and face her. Joseline turned towards her cousin but did not meet her gaze.

"Look at me, Josie," Rosalie spoke quietly.

Joseline raised her ice blue eyes to her cousin's violet-blue eyes. They were filled with a mixture of uncertainty, disgust, and fear.

"He looks at me as though he wants to eat me," she whispered quietly.

Rosalie released her breath at her cousin's words. Joseline was a shy, sweet girl who loved her family and would do anything to protect them. If she said she didn't trust someone, they'd always listen. But she was wrong about Royce. He was the kindest and generous man Rosalie had ever met, not to mention the wealthiest man she'd ever met, and she was lucky he was showing interest in her. A surge of jealousy rose inside Rosalie as she replayed her cousin's words in her mind: