❄ 9 ❄️ Ruby's Ultimatum Vs. Rhys' Reaction❄️

9 ❄️ Ruby's Ultimatum Vs. Rhys' Reaction

Appleton Manor
Tuesday, January 11, 2007

A knock sounded on Wren's bedroom door as it opened and Maisie Fairburn poked her head inside the room.

"Rhys is waiting for you in the foyer, Snow White," she informed the older girl.

Wren turned away from her reflection in the vanity mirror to smile at her.

"Thank you, Mai." she thanked the young girl.

Maisie smiled back at Wren and left the room, closing the door behind her. Briar looked up from the laptop, raised a questioning eyebrow, then went back to her game. Her twin sister Bell walked out of the closet to glare at the older girl.

"You didn't tell us that Rhys was taking you to school." she hissed through clenched teeth. "How are we going to get to school?"

Wren rolled her ice blue eyes at the other girl in mild annoyance.

"First of all, I did not know that he was coming. Second, don't you dare hiss at me ever again? And third, you can ride with us. I'm sure Valentine wouldn't mind."

Bell squealed happily and threw her arms around the older girl. "Yay! We get to ride in the Spyder!"

Wren chuckled lightly at the fairy's enthusiasm as she disentangled herself from Bell's arms. She turned away from the vanity table and gathered her things. She walked from the bedroom with the twins following her excitedly, and down the stairs to the foyer. Rhys was standing in the center of the foyer with a group of young girls surrounding him. He looked up at the sound of their approaching footsteps.

Wren felt the traitorous heat of a blush rising to her cheeks and she looked away from him shyly. Rhys took her hand once she reached his side and then winked at the twins.

"Ready?" he asked all three girls.

Wren nodded her head in reply and they all walked out of the Manor and to his car. He held the passenger door open for her and she slid into the car. He closed the door once she had settled into the seat and then opened the back door for the twins. As soon as they were seated, Rhys walked around the car to the driver's side and slid into the seat. He started the engine and they were off, zooming down the driveway, catching sight of Ruby, Jade, and Pearl as they climbed into the bus, headed for the school.

They arrived in front of the school and Wren stepped out of the car. A hand shot past her and slammed the door shut for her. She jumped and turned around to see Ruby standing behind her, her onyx black eyes gleaming with malice.

"What the hell are you doing? I told you to stay away from him." The other girl growled at her.

"Or what? Run into the girls' lavatory and scream your head off?" Briar asked as she comes to stand beside Wren.