❄ 32 ❄ Reborn ❄

32Reborn

The Cullen House
Thursday, May 19, 2017

Venom flowed like hot lava through her veins, tormenting her from head to toe. Masika couldn't do anything against the searing pain. She couldn't scream or yell or beg for anyone to kill her. Her toes pulsed with pain before it gradually dissolved, leaving them blissfully cool. The pain pulsed through her calves and thighs before traveling up her belly to settle inside her chest, near to her heart.

Her heart started pounding against her ribcage frantically as the pain intensified. Her fingers pulsed with fire as the fire began traveling, leaving her fingers heavenly cool. The pain traveled up her arms and over her shoulders to settle near her heart. She wanted to scream at the top of her lungs, to beg God to end this excruciating pain and receive her into His loving arms in blissful peace, but she held it in, thinking of her loving mate Nahuel and their son, Neyen.

The beautiful image of a small baby in her arms fluttered through her mind, seeing the caramel face, the exact replica of Nahuel's, staring up at her with wide, aquamarine blue eyes, her aquamarine blue eyes. A wave of longing rushed through her, pushing through all the pain, sustaining her until the end, willing her to hang on to the image of her son. The pain inside her chest intensified suddenly and she arched against the pain as her heart gave one final, hard thud, and then grew still and silent. She laid still as a statue, totally confused.

Was it over? Was the pain finally gone? She thought to herself, her head fuzzy from the endurance of her change. She could hear her name being whispered, as clear as day, next to her ear.

"Masika?"

She bolted upward on the bed, startled by the sound, and turned to stare at the person who had spoken her name. Masika stared into the worried coal-black eyes of Nahuel. She blinked up at him in confusion. He looked the same yet different - it was like a fog has been lifted from in front of her eyes and she was seeing him for the first time. His features were rugged and handsome, his skin as dark and creamy as caramel, his hair was long, flowing just to his shoulders. She stared at him, unable to speak. He was beautiful, more beautiful than anyone and anything she'd ever seen in her entire life and she was only sixteen years old.

"Nahuel." She whispered softly, unable to recognize the voice that sounded like a brook bubbling over a bed of rocks.

He nodded his head in acknowledgment and smiled, relief replacing the worry in his dark eyes. Masika shrieked in delight and threw herself at him, crushing him in her arms. He released a painful gasp and she jumped back, landing lightly on the balls of her feet on the other side of the bed. She stared at him with wide eyes, horrified that she'd hurt him. Nahuel rubbed at his bruised ribs as he smiled at her happily. She looked down at the floor, waiting for the heat of blush to burn her cheeks. It didn't happen.

"I'm sorry." She whispered to him brokenly.

He came around the bed and touched her arm lightly. Masika relaxed slowly, marveling at the heat of his skin. She remembered that he was warm before but now his touch felt like a heated blanket. He spoke suddenly, drawing her from her internal musing.