Part 32: Walk home

Luckily for Yoongi, Jimin was distracted the whole time they were in the store.

This meant not only was Jimin distracted from his fears and anxieties but also all the people who gave the pair weird looks.

Yoongi had to admit he was a bit protective when it came to Jimin and that he may have been a bit closer to getting into a fight than he'd like to admit.

He cared about Jimin and the boy didn't deserve all the dirty looks he was getting for innocently shopping.

However, there were a few people who smiled at the pair fondly seemingly proud of society and ignoring all the people in the store who were giving them the evils.

And honestly Yoongi wished he could be like them but as someone who had actually came out as Bisexual when it was completely unheard of where he lived he couldn't.

He knew how dark society got.

And that's why he wanted to protect Jimin from it so badly.

He didn't want Jimin to have to see all the horrible things that the world had to offer, he was too good for the world that they were currently living in.

Yoongi sighed as they were walking home when those thoughts started to invade his head.

Jimin noticed this so stopped walking, causing Yoongi too as well since their hands were connected.

Yoongi looked back at Jimin who had a worried face and tilted his head at the boy since he'd lost his will to speak.

Jimin frowned more at this action as a pout formed on his face and he asked "What's wrong?"

Yoongi shook his head and gave a weak smile and went to start walking again when Jimin stopped him again.

Yoongi turned around again to face Jimin but was surprised at what happened next.

Jimin hugged him.

Yoongi felt his cheeks start to burn as he looked around making sure no one could see them since there was nothing that could keep Jimin distracted now.

Yoongi's face heated up more when Jimin moved closer to his ear and whispered "It's okay hyung your safe with me just like i'm safe with you. We can be scared and safe together."

Jimin was putting whatever was wrong with Yoongi before himself and that literally melted Yoongi's heart with how sweet the sentiment was.

He didn't realise but Jimin had noticed him looking around at other people when they left the store because he was feeling more confident than earlier on their walk to the shop.

He noticed Yoogni's smile turn to a frown and watched as he furrowed his eyes brows and slowed down slightly which made Jimin concerned.

Jimin thought Yoongi was afraid of the world like he was, which in a sense was true, but instead of thinking about himself he thought about Yoongi and the elder couldn't possibly be anymore touched or proud.

Yoongi didn't care about the older woman across the road who was blocking her children's eyes as she watched the scene unfold and he didn't care about the group of school kids who were probably delinquents since it was school hours who ere stood on the corner watching them.

He only cared about the boy in front of him who he pulled into a tight hug, being careful not to drop the bags as he quietly said "Thank you Jiminie."

After that they took their time walking home and since neither boys wanted to go back to their not so nice thoughts, they spoke, asking each other anything and everything which came to their minds until they safely got home to their apartment.

It was safe to say that both boys had made progress that day.