Part 20: Bath

Yoongi lifted Jimin up in his arms and placed him on the toilet seat so that he could see his face and make sure he was somewhat okay considering he just basically scared himself half to death.

Yoongi was met with by Jimin's blood shot, swollen eyes and puffy face which looked broken.

Jimin really was scared - even though he was partially responsible but ya know.

He'd just have to show him that water isn't scary.

Yoongi was already wet through so it didn't matter if he got his clothes wet because they already were so he just stepped into the bathtub and sat in, looking Jimin in the eyes the whole time.

He watched as Jimin's confused expression turned to one of fear and he saw tears welling up in Jimin's eyes as the boy remained frozen.

Yoongi leaned back not saying anything as Jimin followed his every movement with his eyes looking more panicked by the second.

The room became painfully silent and Yoongi noticed Jimin wasn't breathing.

He was sat there rocking back and forth but before Yoongi could get up to help Jimin shot up and tried to pull him out of the water panicked shouting "Get out before you get hurt, the bad water will hurt you- Please hyung get out, please please please."

Yoongi's heart filled because Jimin cared enough to run over and 'save him' from the water even though he was scared, but he wasn't going to just get out.

Yoongi mustered up the calmest voice he could as he said "I can't get out Jiminie." which caused Jimin's face to distort into a face you only see when someone about to get murdered in horror films.

Yoongi noticed this and panicked internally before trying to calmly say "I can't get out- no I won't get out unless you come and sit in here with me."

Yoongi added a stern edge to the way he spoke to try to prove his point no matter how bad it made him feel because Jimin started to breath uncontrollably again as he frantically looked between the door and Yoongi.

Yoongi knew there was every chance that Jimin would go and run out of the door and hide but he also knew that a part of Jimin cared which had been proven by the fact he came running over in the first place.

To try and offer some form of feeling safe Yoongi added "The water isn't hurting me and I promise I won't let it hurt you either if you come and sit in here with me."

Yoongi felt weird saying that as he never really expected to ever have to or to even be full dessed in a bath tub sober but here he was.

Jimin looked more panicked and looked between the door and Yoongi more rapidly.

Yoongi knew he was probably looking for comfort since that's the type of personality Jimin seemed to have in his eyes so he held his arms open to see if it would help at all.

And somehow magically, it did.

A few tears escaped Jimin's eyes as he put one foot in the tub, which he instantly pulled out looking between the door and Yoongi again.

This time however he made eye contact with Yoongi who had a mix of worry but also calmness on his face.

Jimin just wanted to curl up in Yoongi's open, inviting arms and cry but he couldn't because he was in water.

He just really really wanted Yoongi to give him a hug.

So badly that without pulling away or yelping he managed to place one foot in the tub, then his other foot.

He had his eyes scrunched up so he couldn't see anything so Yoongi reached forward and gently placed his hands on Jimin's tightly crossed over arms, sliding down them until he to Jimin's hands and gently pulled him down into the water.

Jimin's breath was uneasy but he kept muttering to himself "For hyung, for Yoongi hyung." to try an dstay focus and not scream and run like every part of him wanted to.

The boy hated water but he knew Yoongi just wanted to help which is another thing he kept telling himself.

And whether or not water was bad or good, Yoongi had put himself in the position to help Jimin get over his fear so he appreciated that.

Before he knew it Jimin's legs up to his waist was under the water and sitting above Yoongi's out stretched legs on his knees.

Yoongi pulled Jimin in and hugged him to his chest which immediately got a response of Jimin clinging onto him back.

Yoongi ran his fingers through Jimin's hair until Jimin's breathing some what stabilised, then whispering "Well done Jiminie, your making me proud."

Jimin snuggled closer into Yoongi mumbling "I better be." with a pout on his screwed up face, still not looking.

Yoongi just chuckled at what Jimin said and began to slowly pour water onto Jimin's back as he rubbed circles onto it to make it seem unintentional, humming a small tune to keep Jimin distracted.

After a while Jimin seemed to relax a bit so Yoongi decided to risk the built up calmness and ask "Can I wash your hair?"

Jimin tensed for a second but instantly relaxed when Yoongi moved his hand stroking a different part of Jimin's head, just behind his fluffy cat ears.

"Is that a yes?" Yoongi asked softly getting a small nod from Jimin who literally just melted in his arms softly purring.

Yoongi smiled sweetly at the sounds and reached out for the shampoo with his free hand then instructing Jimin to "Turn around for me." which Jimin complied to now he was basically in a daze.

Yoongi began to wash Jimin's hair, purposefully going back to that spot when he started to get more fidgety to get him to relax again.

Somehow, miraculously Yoongi managed to wash Jimin's hair, back, arms, legs and chest before deciding to leave the rest and finally let Jimin's misery end and let him get out of the bath.

Yoongi took the towel and wrapped it around Jimin's waist realising he'd have to get him some underwear to put on and a shirt then realising he had to sort himself out to.

He noticed how sleepy Jimin was even though it was still morning time, so he decided he'd also let Jimin take a nap after he had sorted himself out as well.

And that's what he did, with everything going smoothly after Yoongi managed to talk Jimin into changing his underwear on his own because that would be to much for Yoongi.

Yoongi ended up sat on the couch with his laptop on a table in front of him and Jimin napping peacefully on his lap.