Part 18: Water

"No thank you hyung." Jimin said in a very quiet soft voice.

The mention of a bath sent chills down his spine since he hated water with a burning passion, similar to the bath of boiling liquid he knew he'd have to be submerged into partially.

He hated baths and the thought of having them, similarly to the thought of rain or the sea.

It just scared him and he could never figure out why, he hated it.

Jimin felt himself slowly growing more agitated which Yoongi noticed instantly but he knew that Jimin was going to have to have one sooner or later.

"I'm sorry Jiminie but nope isn't going to work this time, your going to need one sooner or later and its better now than never." Yoongi said as he stood up from where he sat on the couch closing his laptop.

He knew in Jimin's file he hated baths and he could also tell by watching his reaction to it but it needed to be done.

Jimin shook his head curling up into a literal ball as he said "I'd prefer never please." Still using his manners hoping it would work.

They both knew better.

"Come on Min, i'll even make sure the bath is very nice for you okay?" Yoongi said trying to make Jimin more comfortable but it clearly didn't work as Jimin began to whimper.

Yoongi could tell by looking at Jimin that he wasn't crying because he had to do something he disliked but because he was actually scared so he didn't want to shout at him to make him do it.

Instead he tried a more gentle approach.

He crouched down and sat on the floor with Jimin and placed his hand on the lower part of the boys back where he began to rub small circles.

Jimin would've normally leant into Yoongi's touch but in that moment he only cared about one thing, not having to go near water.

"It won't be that bad Jiminie, I promise and when has hyung lied to you?" Yoongi said as softly as he could hoping to offer the shaking boy some comfort.

He wondered for a moment how they would've gotten Jimin to bathe in the past but then figured hygiene probably wasn't in their priorities and if it was it would've probably been with force.

Yoongi had texted Jin the night before asking how he manged to get Jimin to bathe in which Jin explained, in short, he didn't.

They would go in and wash Jimin with a cloth since he had a full on melt down when brought near water which resulted in him screamed and sobbing saying incoherent words.

And in all honestly Yoongi was a bit off put from that story and was willing to go about the situation in the same way as Seokjin but ended up deciding he wanted to help Jimin get over his fear.

If he was scared of a bath who knew how he'd react when it rained outside with the skies literally gushing water everywhere.

Yoongi decided to see if there was any reason in specific Jimin was scared so asked "Why are you scared Jiminie?"

He couldn't clearly make out what Jimin said because it was muffled ad quiet but if he was to give his best bet Jimin probably said "Scary."

"Whats scary?" Yoongi asked trying to make it more specific but that back fired when Jimin bluntly answered "Water."

"Why though Jiminie?" Yoongi asked softly noticing Jimin's shaking had intensified quiet a lot so he pulled the scared boy into his side.

"B-because it's not nice and it's weird and dangerous and it hurt's your eyes and i-it makes your skin weird and you c-can't breath in it a-and it's clear but it's there a-and people could easily h-hold you under it a-and then b-breathing g-g-gets harder a-and-"

By this point Jimin was sobbing and shaking uncontrollably so Yoongi pulled the other boy into his lap with Jimin burying his face into his neck as he cried uncontrollably clutching onto Yoongi's shirt as tightly as he could.

Yoongi rocked him back and forth whispering "Shhh..." as he played with Jimins's slightly greasy hair, thinking of how he could resolve the problem at hand creating a mental list which would be the solution.

1. goggles maybe?

2. don't be in there to long

3. make sure he doesn't have a panic attack or go fully under the water for too long

4. bath bomb and bubbles to change how the water looks since Jimin is fine drinking juice

5. don't hold him down in the water - which is obvious

With a list in mind and Jimin slowly calming down breathing when Yoongi was, like he had done every time he started to slightly panic or freak out in the past few days, Yoongi had a plan.

"Jiminie? If I try and make the bath not scary would you please try and have a bath?" Yoongi asked, adding on in a whisper "Will Jiminie be a good boy for hyung and try it?"

Jimin wanted to say no and basically tell Yoongi to sod off but he wanted to be a good boy for his hyung and try and do it for him.

He also didn't want to be completely terrified of water for ever even though he couldn't really help it, remembering Namjoon telling him about the water that falls from the sky sometimes which really scared Jimin.

Luckily when he was taken to Yoongi's house he was put in a van inside the building and taken out of it inside another building never having to be outside as it happened.

He didn't even know it was raining outside.

So Jimin nodded even though he held onto Yoongi tighter not really wanting too

But he was going to try to do it to make Yoongi proud.

"Good boy."