Part 30: Starving

Yoongi decided to give everything a bit of time to calm down again before beginning with his plan to make Jimin feel better.

He noticed that Jimin kept flicking from wanting to be with Yoongi constantly to wanting to be completely alone and alienated which wasn't healthy for anyone let alone someone with Jimin's life experiences.

Yoongi wasn't sure the cause of it but he knew staying inside and moping wouldn't help but that was hard to combat as Jimin had never really been outside before and according to Jin was terrified of it.

And considering SeokJin wasn't wrong or being over dramatic about the whole fear of water thing he didn't want to doubt him on the whole outside thing which Yoongi saw as a more rational, relatable fear.

However, Yoongi had hope as he had experienced the same thing when he was at his worst with his depression so he had some idea on how to help and maybe even how Jimin was feeling.

Yoongi was in the living room reminiscing his time at therapy to try and pin point which parts were bull shit and which parts helped when he heard the door from the bedroom open as Jimin waddled out in his boxers and oversized jumper.

Yoongi could tell that Jimin was feeling clingy today from the pout he had on his lips and the way he made grabby hands at Yoongi which meant he wanted a hug or to cuddle up.

Admittedly Yoongi still wasn't the most affectionate person but he was learning for the smol boy who was quickly earning a giant place in his heart.

Yoongi put his phone down which he kept a diary on from when he was in therapy and had to and opened his arms up for the boy to climb into them.

Jimin climbed onto Yoongi's lap with his legs resting on either side of Yoongi's and he hugged Yoongi burying his head in the older's neck were his scent was the strongest.

Yoongi closed his arms around Jimin resting once on the small of his back and the other one in his hair.

They stayed like this for a while, just hugging, until Jimin pulled up so he could see Yoongi's face and quietly asked "Do we have any ice cream?"

Yoongi hummed as he thought before frowning sightly as he remembered that he'd given Jimin the last tub the night prior for dessert because he couldn't say no to him.

Jimin frowned at Yoongi's expression knowing what it meant and just sighed as he collapsed onto his hyung's chest dramatically.

Yoongi frowned deeper when he realised that they were actually out of food in general and he'd forgotten to order his online shop which meant they'd have no food for a few days if he did it now.

Then an idea hit him.

Yoongi started to go out when he was mainly isolating him self because of necessity so maybe this would be necessary enough to make Jimin feel comfortable to leave.

It was worth a shot.

"Jimin how do you feel about going shopping today?" Yoongi decided to ask first just to see how Jimin would react.

And as expected Jimin tensed and froze in spot, not answering the question giving Yoongi the opportunity to carry on.

"We don't have any food in and I won't be able to get us a food delivery for a few days with out it costing a lot and I don't really want to go out alone, so I was wondering if you'd come with me?" Yoongi said as casually as he could.

He also quickly dramatically added "I think i'll starve if I don't get food soon." and threw his head back in 'frustration' before looking down at Jimin who obviously looked conflicted.

Jimin still hadn't grasped the idea of being dramatic or sarcastic and genuinely thought Yoongi was going to starve, which was the last thing he'd ever want.

Jimin bit his lip as he thought about it before looking up at Yoongi who was already staring back at him waiting patiently for an answer.

Jimin eventually asked "Why can't you go alone other than not wanting to?"

Yoongi through his head back again as he sighed before sitting up, re-positioning Jimin lightly because he shifted from Yoongi's sudden movements, then answering "I think I might pass out if I go alone and what if some creep kidnaps me?"

Yoongi froze when he realised that probably wasn't helping with Jimin's fear so he was quick to say "Strength in numbers, as long as I have someone with me i'll get left alone and I wouldn't want anyone other than m favourite, sweet, kind Jiminie."

He decided to butter Jimin up as well as give some general knowledge which could help make Jimin feel better and slightly dig himself out of the hole he made with the creep comment.

Jimin started to play with his hands as he asked "Why me?" looking u with the saddest most fragile look on his face.

Yoongi cupped the boys cheeks before tilting Jimins head slight so they were looking in to each others eyes before saying "Because if I have you by my side I know i'll be able to protect you and keep you safe and you will be able to protect me by just being there."

To anyone listening in it may have sounded like a very deep conversation but in reality they were still talking about going to the store so Jimin couldn't help but giggle slightly at his dramatic hyung, finally understanding the term, before going back to being serious.

"If I were to go... if... how long would we be gone and where would we be going...?" Jimin asked looking cautiously at Yoongi who thought for a moment before answering.

"We wouldn't be long because I just want to sit around watching films and eating food all day, and we wouldn't be going to far since there's shops near by."

Jimin nodded looking down as he thought more getting nervous about it.

Yoongi wanted a proper confirmation so asked "Is that a yes?" placing his hands over Jimin's now slightly shaky ones as the boy nodded again.

Yoongi gave Jimin his biggest gummy smile before bear hugging him singing "Thank youu~"

Jimin's mind went blank as Yoongi initiated the hug, with his face heating up in the process.

Maybe he would be okay?