chapter 48

"What did I just see". Matilda asked as she broadened her smile.

"Um.....nothing". I added.

"Marlie". She said as she dragged my hands and led me into the room as I hopped after her,we both sat on the bed." So Marlie let it out,cmon please".now she was looking straight into my eyes,oh no what would I tel her.

"Em well the thing is em.........well......its just not what you think". I replied.

"Marlie,what do you mean it's not what I think,stop the lying okay,and answer this simple question". She paused for a bit,and breathe out." Do you love him ".I widened my eyes,I knew the answer but I just,I don't know It just felt weird telling." Marlie answer me will you,am waiting".I surrendered as I gave her a nod."what really OMG,like OMG".she screamed as she hugged me."finally Marlie,then you are gonna get married and have kids and call your son Cole junior,and your daughter Marlie junior ".she said looking into the ceiling and counting her fingers.

"Matilda". I called but she was too busy picking names for my imaginary  children with Mr Cole, somethinh that made me wonder if it were possible,nahhh,not possible Marlie think think .Then I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Marlie what are you thinking about, were you even listening to me". She asked.

"Well um actually nope sorry,its just am confused". I replied with worries in my eyes.

"And why is that Marlie". She asked again.

"Well the thing is what if am some kind of tool,you know maybe he doesn't really love me and he's just fooling with me,you know". I said but my words only made Matilda laugh." And what's so funny now,am serious here".I frowned at her.

"Am sorry Marlie it's just that,you know Mr Cole isn't just some ordinary bachelor,is a wanted bachelor,most wanted,and what do you care if he's fooling you,just enjoy the moment,but to be sincere I don't think Mr Cole is the kind of person that would fool a girl,he's well,well cultured". She added.

"I see". I replied as I looked into her eyes.

"But if you're really confused you could ask him----

"No off course not I don't wanna feel or look desperate".I glared at her,I was serious I didn't want to look desperate,although I was desperate actually,desperate for love,but that didn't mean I wanted him to know that.

"Oh well then just live in the moment then". She said looking at my confused face.

"I guess you're right I'll leave in the moment and when he finally gets tired of me and dumbs me I'll em go back to my normal life,I hope". I said feeling sad.

"I guess so now calm down Marlie". She said back to me and shook me a little so I could calm down.

Soon Mr Cole was back,I slowly walked down the stairs to meet him,but the person I saw standing next him made me quake with anger.