chapter 37

The next Mr Cole I mean Cole was already dressed up and he cane into my rookm and gave me my breakfast, giving each other breakfast had become more of a competition .But I noticed his burnt hands,"Mr .......I mean Cole how did you get your hands burnt".I asked anxiously as I went to get the first aid kit,as I applied the kit on his winds he sobbed.

"Mr Cole how did you get injured". I asked again.

" well Marlie ,when I was cooking I accidentally burnt my hands".these words shocked me,what he cooked but he had never cooked before ,not even when he served me breakfast for the first did he cook so what changed .

"Mr......I mean Cole did you really cook". I asked as I continued rubbing his hands with an ointment ,he needed in approval and I smiled and him ."but Cole why did you decide to cook today".

"Because I wanted to surprise you Marlie that's why". He said as he turned his eyes to meet mine .by this time I was already done with rubbing ointments and went back to return the first aid kit .

"So Mr.... ................ I mean Cole are you going to work today". And he nodded in disapproval this made me so happy and I smirked at him ." then let's do something to pass the time ,let's doing a cooking competition and the helps would be our judges .

"Marlie!!!". He said as hr gave me a wild look .

"Don't worry it would be fun,or are you scared of losing to me ". I winked at him.

" off course not ".he said proudly as I dragged him by the hand to the kitchen .

I gathered everyone of them and explained the rules to be honest the helps were a lot,after my explanation we all settled down excited .Then we started cooking the same dish ,I cooked on the left and he cooked in the right, I could see how his face lit up while cooking in the midst staring at him I made a small cut on my finger,he turned around immediately to help but I stopped him pretending I was okay, he stared at each other at intervals while the helps and butlers watched us in amusement ,an hour later we were fine and ready to be judge .The two top judges were the head butler and the top chef and as they tasted each one they made a funny remark ,it was hard to tell the winner from their facial expressions .

" it's a tie".the butler said.

"I agree". Added the top chef as he continued tasting .I didn't agree with them though when I tasted Mr Cole's dish I knew he had won fare and square but I didn't say it a loud .after the helps and left to clear the kitchen ,I was exhausted so I went up my room ,until I heard noises in Mr Cole's room,as I went closer I found him talking to someone on the phone and he looked tense,he hanged up and stood their looking helpless but he didn't notice I was there .

"Cole is something wrong , I heard you scream ". I said as I patted him on the back .

"Am sorry Marlie for disturbing you". He said.

" its okay Cole tell me what's wrong".I added.

"My father call to tell me that my mother was sick and in the hospital ,she's fighting for her life as we speak". He said as he looked at me.

" oh am sorry Cole". I said as I embraced him,I couldn't imagine why he what he was going through I never leaved with my mother to understand the love a child felt for his mom but I definitely understood the love a child has for his parents ."am sorry Cole". as I held him tighter.