chapter 44

As I lay in the hospital bed,a pair of beautiful blue eyes caught my black shades.

"Marlie are you okay". He said .

"Durhh,of course not, am in pains". I said sarcastically.

"Marlie ,what have I done to you that made you do this to me". He asked.

"What do you mean,I did nothing to you". I replied.

"Do you know how hurt i felt, seeing you in pains".he replied,then he held my hands tight and placed it on his chest and then looked at me .I never intended to hurt him ,but I didn't plan to fall .I finally dropped my hands from his grip and looked away .my attitude shocked him as he widened his eyes at me .and suddenly ,miss 'Pamela' walked in,gosh!! just what I needed .

"Marlie,oh Marlie are you okay".she said as she rushed to my bed,and I shook my head at her ."I am sorry I wasn't present ,I was at work ,but I hope you understand" .she continued.

I shook my at her head again .

"Mr Anderson,am sorry to say this but we have to be at a very important meeting". She said as she turned to Mr Cole who was staring at me the whole time .

Oh gosh I can't believe this,first she came in pretending to care and now she wants to take Mr Cole with her .

"Marlie". He called as he looked at me ,I knew he was going to agree, I didn't care anyway,he could go if he wants .

"No ,call of the meeting ,tell them am busy". He added as he looked at miss Pamela,but miss Pamela wasn't pleased at this .

"But Mr Cole, the company needs you right now". She said persistently .

Yeah right,your company needs you, more like I need you,Pamela stop this pretence and just tell him you like him.

"But em......... I need to take care of--------.I interrupted him.

"Mr Cole, you can go ,I'll be fine". I interrupted .I didn't care if he left,I didn't want to be the cause of his problems at work .but he didn't look too pleased at my reply.

"Well okay then ,but promise you'll be okay". He said as he smiled .

"Yes I will,Mr Cole ,by God's grace .Now go". I ordered.

Miss Pamela quickly gripped Mr Cole's hands and left .

After sometime, Matilda walked towards me beaming with so much joy .

"Matilda". I screamed.

"Marlie". She screamed back at me and gave me a very tight hug,I hugged her so tight we screamed and giggled.

"Marlie how have you been ,have been so worried about you". She said as she spanked my arm.

"Awch,Matilda did you have to do that". I said as I rubbed my arm and frowned.

"Sorry,its just have missed you ". She said.

"Me too naughty". I said rubbing her chin, although we were almost the same age ,but I always saw Matilda as my younger sister.

"Have you seen,Mr Cole". She asked .

"Yes he left a while ago".I replied.

"Oh Marlie you should have seen him this part few days without you ,it was like hell for him". She said as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah right". I said as I rolled my eyes even more.

"It's true Marlie, Mr Cole really likes---------

"Oh please ,Matilda, Mr Cole doesn't like girls like me ,he likes girls like miss Pamela who walk around half naked".I said angrily.

"Oh Marlie ,you don't understand ,Mr Cole-------

"Can we talk about something else".I interrupted.

"Alright,alright Missy I hear you". She said as she rolled her eyes .And we changed the topic .