chapter 30

I heard a loud cry in my ears ,it was my dads voice ,I recognised him he was my dad,tears rolled down my eyes.
"Dad". I said as rushed forward to hug him, but he didn't move he was stone cold he didn't even hug me back.

" what's wrong dad,how did you escape from the police station ,Mr Cole told me you were dead,talk to me dad".I said bitterly.

"My child ,why have you disowned me".

" what are you talking about dad how can I possibly disown you ,dad don't you know how much have missed you".

"Then why haven't you avenged my death Marlie, I was murdered Marlie and you didn't investigate my death".

" father I am sorry".i replied.

"Avenge my death Marlie,avenge my death.............avenge me ".he said as he kept walking away and didn't turn back ,I called out to him but he didn't turned to me he went further and farther until I could no longer see his behind. During my call for my father I woke up back to reality,my hand was being held by Mr Cole and there was concern in his eyes ,I wanted to smile back to him until I remembered how i became unconscious in the first place and out of anger I let of his hands .he felt ashamed for his act and he bowed his head low ,Mr Philip was also very present as he started his examination .

" Mr Philip ,can I see you alone ".I said he looked shocked he knew I never liked but right now I didn't want to be in the same rooms Mr rude,Mr Philip  didn't object though but I could see sadness in Mr Cole's eyes he wanted to apologise with his eyes but I shifted my gaze purposely .and he left.

" yes miss Marlie,problem".he said ,I didn't really have a real reason but now I had to make something up.

"Doctor ,tell me the truth am I suffering from something more than the usual,because I don't get all this slumming and falling unconscious". I said abruptly.

" well miss Marlie ,i promise you are fine but you are just too weak"he added."is,that all miss Marlie".I nodded. "Well miss Marlie others no need to be scared you'll be fine have a nice day I best be of".he said as he left the room I didn't pay close attention to what he was saying instead I pages more attention to what my dad had told me ,what did he mean by I  should avenge him and where would I start,during my thought I didn't realise that Mr Cole had walked in .

" Marlie ".he said calmly.

I didn't pay him any attention as I was too engrossed in my thoughts,I guess it made him sober as he came even closer to me .

" Marlie ".he called loudly .I quickly exited my thoughts and turned to him, he's eyes were watery,what the hell!! what have I done I didn't know what I said would hurt that much,I quickly stood up and hugged him tight like I would hug my dad,he spoke continually" am sorry ,i didn't mean what i said,am sorry Marlie".and I  nodded in affirmation.
I sat him down on the bed and I did the same.
"Mr Cole I would never steal from you, I have never stolen anything in my life".

" I know ,am sorry for jumping into conclusions ".he said