GREASE IS THE WORD

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌   

G R E A S E   I S   T H E   W O R D 

''You're great Lancaster.'' 

''Well, you're meh.'  

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌    

''What?'' Peter shouted loudly enough to be heard over the public's cheerful and anxious chatting, making heads turn towards the stage. The two quickly shut the curtains and stepped back. They completely ignored Janet screaming at them there were only five minutes left. ''Your mom is here?''

Rita nodded cupping her own face. Her mind flooding with a hundred questions. She mostly wondered if she was imagining it all. 

''I think she is.'' She whispered, nodding reluctantly.

''Love! That's amazing!'' Peter opened his arms to hug her. His face abundant in excitement. 

Rita was unable to move, she was shocked for the most part so she didn't hug Peter back. 

''I'm so confused. She said she wasn't coming-'' Rita vocalized her thoughts. Peter's hands rested on each side of her neck and he leaned down so their eyes were straight across each other's. 

''She is tough.'' He kissed her forehead. ''She's going to see it!'' 

''For the love of God!'' Janet's arm suddenly dawned between them, startling both as they weren't even paying the slight attention to their surroundings anymore. ''You two save that for your characters!'' 

Rita would normally feel her cheeks burn, turn red in embarrassment as It was something that happened whenever anyone else acknowledged their affection. However, her mind was busy focusing only on the fact her mother was behind the curtains, ready to clap and shout her name once they'd open. 

Six months ago, that's when they last saw each other. Rita couldn't wrap her mind around the fact life was being so good to her, but she for sure was going to enjoy it. 

''Let's do this!'' She clapped and Peter shouted an obnoxious yeah into the air. 

Even tough her heart could jump out her thorax at any moment she was the happiest she'd ever been.  There was not the slightest hint of negativity in Rita's mind in the moment the curtains opened and she was greeted with deafening clapping and the brightest lights. 

If there were any, it wouldn't matter. From the moment the initial music started to echoed trough the auditorium and Peter's hands wrapped around her waist to begin the first scene, she shut off her own feelings to give space to her character's. 

Whereas they were similar towards the boy who's eyes she was looking deeply at. 

''I'm going back to Australia. I won't see you again.'' Rita whined, looking at her feet.