SURPRISES

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ 

S U R P R I S E S   

''I thought as he and Gen broke up he would-''

''He and Gen broke up?''     

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌   

A pile started to build up on the floor, as she undressed all the clothes that seemed so tight, like a trap, even though removing them didn't help much as she felt suffocated in her own skin.

The running water was so hot it felt cold to the touch as she steps inside the shower; She stays still, underneath the nearly boiling water but she liked it, it was like the water temperature numbed her senses and everything seemed foggy and out of place. It helps,as long as she's inside, everything is gone.

Her hands run trough her long hair, straightened by the water, and her head hurts. Everything hurts when you're broken hearted. She eventually sat down, the energy she had for the day had been drained away, her whole body felt lifeless.

Peter had validated her feelings, not only that, he had showed reciprocity, he showed her what it could be like, and that's what hurt Rita the most. He liked her back and still it didn't seem to be enough for them to be together. What was she supposed to do with that information now? He wouldn't leave Gen, so it was pretty much useless. It didn't even serve to ease her hurting as it was all the reason she was in pain the first place.

Stepping out of the shower seemed physically impossible especially when the cold tile hit her small feet underneath. Not caring about the dripping water Rita walked back to her room, towel around her body, she noticed the clock that read 8pm what meant Alec was soon, in like 45 min, to pick her up.

Her belly groaned in hunger but she knew if she ate something now she wouldn't be able to keep it inside for long, she felt completely nauseated and just thinking about food had the girl gagging.

Her hair was still soaking wet when there's a knock at the door.

''Come in.'' She manages to say even though it sounded like she was in excruciating physical pain.

''Hey, are you okay? You left early and I asked LJ-''

Lara Jean, in all her imagination, could have never imagined this situation happening, and Rita wasn't sure she wanted to tell anyone, even her best friend and even though she felt like exploding.

''I'm okay man, I just felt dizzy.'' She smiled to Isaac but without looking to his eyes as she lied.

The boy was already making himself comfortable inside Rita's bed as he usually did.