IT'S DESTINY

I T' S  D E S T I N Y

  ''D-did you just steal that?''  

''Why? Do you think she counts them at night Lara Jean?''

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌

''Holy F-Mother .that .is .in .heaven'' Rita screeched in pain, pausing in the middle of every word. ''Stupid thing.'' Her feet almost gained a life of their own, kicking the steel umbrella stand that had stabbed her hard in the knee.

A feminine voice giggled quietly from one of the chairs in front of the principal's desk, startling Rita into a high jump. The curly, long-haired girl hadn't noticed anyone else in the room, but then again the back of the red suede poltroon ahead, covered the person's body completely.

''I don't think it's its fault.'' The voice spoke again, with a tone so amused Rita knew she was trying not to laugh out of respect and pity. Rita smiled at the sympathy.

''I think, It totally is.'' Then chuckled at her own clumsy self and walked towards the unoccupied chair besides the girl's.

''I'm embarrassed'' She spoke then exaggeratedly dropping her body onto the chair.  

''I'm, Lara Jean'' She smiled. ''I just think Embarrassed is a pretty odd name.''

Could it be? Someone into the same level of , wrongly labelled, terrible comedy as Rita?

Lara Jean was beautiful, of some complexion the recently bruised girl knew she couldn't ever point correctly out, but envied, her hair was dark and straight and her smile so white and straight it sort of lighted up the room. Although, Lara Jean was sitting so straight it had to be uncomfortable.

''Oh yeah! Tell me about it, my life's been a nightmare! '' She chuckled happily entering in on the joke as she straightened her body. ''But I go by Rita, please call me Rita'' Rita informed in a plea after. Lara Jean smiled nodding.

''That's a pretty name''

''It is? I think it's boring''' She asked as she took a handful of paper clips from a small box over the desk, throwing them inside her black shoulder bag. It's not like she needed paper clips desperately, but they were there and they were free.

''D-did you just steal that?'' The other girl looked astonished; so admired she had relaxed her back and was now leaning over towards Rita. 

''Why? Do you think she counts them at night Lara Jean??'' Rita furrowed her eyebrows, holding her laugh between her teeth. 

''She might! Have you ever heard of OCD much?!'' Lara Jean asked furrowing her eyebrows in the most preoccupied way. ''Maybe she doesn't leave this office until she counts all her paper clips! Imagine if she counts a hundred less today. She will sort!''