OVER

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌  

O V E R 

''You're not selfish you're insecure and so am I

''You're not selfish you're insecure and so am I. It's okay'' 

''Your insecurity isn't costing you the best thing you got in your life.''

    ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌  

Rita's trying hard to understand the words he's restlessly speaking but she isn't able to wrap her mind around it. It's her relationship and although she had made her mind about ending it way before she saw Alec and Gen practically kiss feels like a knife to the back of the worst kind. She feels betrayed and used and there's no worse feeling.    

Alec's words fall out of his mouth like sand on an hourglass, although they land in Rita's ears like sharp shrapnel. She feels her every tear. Blood drains from her face and she finds it hard to breath each minute that passes by. His eyes are watery like she'd never seen and his features are completely wrecked, showing heartbreak in every move. He looks like he's about to vomit.

Half an hour had gone by like mere seconds and the energy both had was running short, it showed in the way they breathed so fast like they had just run a full marathon. 

''Baby please.'' He pleaded stepping closer to Rita, pain drenching his fine face. ''Gen means nothing to me.'' 

''I honestly don't care anymore.'' She whispered, tired as she was it was impossible to speak at full volume. The pain of one mirrors in the eyes of the other and that's when both knew there was no turning back. 

Alec sobbed louder, his hands cover his face as he sits down on the bed. 

''Don't say that.'' Shaking his head he looks up at Rita who isn't sure how she's even standing up at this point. She doesn't feel like she has the strength to. 

''Alec I knew way before I saw what I saw that I wanted to cut this relationship short, and this was just the universe supporting my decision'' 

''Don't talk like that, please. I know I've been a fucking moron the whole trip and I'm so sorry Rita. If regret could kill-'' He stood up, he tried to hold Rita in his arms but he failed. She pushed him away with both hands in his chest. She could feel his heartbeat in the tip of her fingers and it was strong and irregular. 

''Don't touch me.'' She said slowly lowering her hands. ''Let me just say what I came her to say in the first place.'' 

''I don't want to hear it-No.'' He turned his back on her. Probably because he couldn't face her when he knew she was going to leave him and it hurt so much he was too having trouble breathing.