ALMOST DONE

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌

A L M O S T  D O N E

''Who's that girl?''

''Just a girl I know. That's all.''

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌

''Peter, shut up.'' Rita shook her head to scare the blood that was rushing to her cheeks away. ''You're next.'' She pointed towards the stage. Peter's eyes didn't raise from her, not until he was on stage with his mechanic suit on, acting like he understood everything about the car he was pretending to fix.

He looked so handsome and there was no denial to his beauty, it was as clear as the fact the sky is blue. Standing there watching him, completely nail Danny Zuko with few effort as it came naturally to him due their shared nature, it was as if space and time became the finest point imaginable, as if time collapsed into one tiny speck and exploded at light speed and he was all there was to the universe. Like the infinite darkness of the cosmos began and ended on him.

He owned the stage and worst, he didn't try to nor did he want to.  She gave for herself giggling like a twelve year old as Peter jumped above the half of the car.

''This car could be systematic.'' He shouted and as the drums dropped he posed like a true musical star. ''Hydromatic.'' Another beat, another pose. ''Ultramatic.'' He looked at the crowd, it cheered loudly. ''It could be grease lightning.'' He said finally, taking a comb, he took from his jeans pocket, to his hair and pretending to run it trough it, before  the music started.

Once it did he jumped to the floor, joining the other guys on the choreography.

Rita had never seen Peter dance it all perfectly without a single mistake but now he did. She wondered if he ever even had any trouble learning it or he just pretended he did to make others laugh around him. 

Isa hugged Rita tightly from behind, her head rested on Rita's shoulder, as they watched their friends perfectly strike their scene.

''You two, you like each other.'' Isa didn't ask, she affirmed and it bothered Rita.

''What? No.'' Rita shook her head backing away from her friend. ''You're insane.'' Isa tilted her head, her lips showing a doubtful smile.

''You look at him with these puppy eyes, and so does he!'' Isa chuckled. ''You didn't even look at Alec that way, neither did Peter look at Gen with so much affection.''

Rita's eyebrows furrowed and she didn't answer anymore.

She was busy measuring her own feelings. Were Alec and Peter even on the same scale? Were the feelings she had towards both even similar? She had no idea and it never crossed her mind to compare them. Isa didn't have to make her do it and that's why Rita felt slightly mad at her.