THE PARTY

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌

T H E   P A R T Y

''Isaac didn't-''

''Isaac didn't-''

''Is this party for Isaac and I don't know?''

  ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌  

''I'll fall right here right now.'' Lj gasped as she entered Rita's room.  ''You look so beautiful.'' Her hands cupped her own face as she smiled proudly, she looked like a mother watching her daughter go to university. 

''Really?'' Rita smiled as she glanced at herself in the mirror one more time. 

The dress gifted from her uncle's was an absolute beauty, every curve of her body hugged in perfection, every inch of skin glowing as she shone from within. That because she was genuinely happy and happiness really is stronger than pain and it for sure has the power to numb it all. 

It was not like she had another choice, she needed to walk away, to forget, to let it go, she could never create space for sadness to sink in, she couldn't break and not fight for her happiness. She couldn't waste energy, emotional or physical, on something that clearly wasn't meant to be.  

The truth was that for that one person that doesn't value you, there are a thousand more who will. She could do better. 

 She found it on the adorable Australian boy who wanted to give her the world, the stars and the universe.  Alec was better. 

And damn Alec was light himself, he was pure love and he was happiness. Just the way the boy laughed made her stomach twirl with a battle of butterflies.  

''Are you kidding? I wish I looked like that.'' As from Lj exited a deep breath Rita found herself aching at her chest. 

''Oh no.'' She shook her head as she took her friend's hands into her's. ''You are not only an amazing person but you are so fucking gorgeous! You pretty much got it all. It's time you start owning it!'' Rita exclaimed, maybe a little to hoarsely and bossy at the end. Lara Jean not realizing she truly was amazing, frustrated her to the depths of her being.

''I just don't have the confidence to wear clothes that girls our age normally use.'' She played with her feet. 

 ''Babe. Trust me you don't need it. You are the most stylish girl at our school hands down. You got this amazing style of your own- I wish I had it!'' Lara Jean smiled softly. ''But!'' Rita smirked. ''Do you want to search in my closet and see if we can find you something of the sorts?'' Rita asked, secretly hoping Lj would agree. ''You see how you feel and if-''

''Let's do it!'' Her expression brightened up immediately, she didn't even let Rita finish her sentence. 

Rita knew what it was like to feel insecure, and she knew how much it affected life when also paired to anxiety.