AFTER PARTY

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌  

A F T E R  P A R T Y

''Are you getting back with Gen?''

''Hell nah.''    

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌    

She wasn't intoxicated anymore as the morning grew grayer than she'd expect the next day.

Her head ached of course, but it didn't come close to the way her chest felt painfully tight upon remembering the words she had directed at Peter in the bathroom. She had meant them, she was sure of it, but still couldn't help but think she could have put out her opinion in a less violent way.

''Get you ass out there. We have the whole house to clean.'' She shouted knocking on her cousin's door as she walked aiming for the lower floor.

Rita chuckled as a loud exaggerated groan exit his bedroom.

''I will never drink again that's for sure.''

Rita shrieked clenching her chest.

''LARA JEan I completely forgot you were here.''  Her friend wasn't even visibly offended by the statement, nothing could bug her for a long while after the previous night Rita was sure. ''Did you sleep well?'' Rita smirked pouring herself a big glass of water to satisfy her dry throat.

''Quit being a freaking teaser 'cus.'' Isaac said, shaking his head. ''Where's Alec?''

''He left an hour ago, his mom needed help with his little brother.'' She informed.

''And Peter? I feel like he wasn't even here last night.'' Lara Jean immediately looked towards Rita, probably even hurting her neck.

''I dunno.'' Rita shrugged. ''He's your best friend not mine.''

''I'm calling him. He probably needs to talk about all that Gen situation.'' Isaac said disappearing to the office.

''What did you do?''

''I might have broken his heart last night.'' Rita breathed in with her teeth ceased, placing the cup back on the counter. ''I don't know what got to me, I said some pretty terrible things.''  Her hands were on each side of her face and she hoped Lara Jean had something positive to say.

''You know I love the thing you've got going on with Alec and I love seeing you this happy but Peter, despite everything, doesn't deserve your hatred.'' Rita looked up towards her friend with confusion. He had broken her heart in case LJ had forgotten. ''He always had your feelings in consideration and that I know for a fact-''