FALLING DEEPER

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ 

F A L L I N G  D E E P E R

''I can't.'' Rita shook her head ferociously.

''Or you go look by yourself or Peter is going to burst in trough the door in about 2 minutes telling you himself.'' 

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌     

~ 7 Hours Before ~

''Ah Lancaster! My day's so much better!'' Peter teased as they entered the classroom. 

Rita threw him a quick smirk but kept silent as she sat down. She couldn't engage on this oblivious game he played.

''Results are in after class!'' He spoke again, so excited it took every bone in Rita's being not to smile at his adorableness. ''Do you think we're in?''

''Yeah Peter I've heard you used to hate theater so maybe explain to me why you're so excited?'' She didn't mean to sound as harsh as she did, and she definitely didn't mean to cause Peter's expression to drop from a bright smile into a confused frown. 

''That's denigration of my name. I won't have that.'' He punched the table, sending some stares their way, including Lara Jean's confused expression. 

See, Peter did this thing where he rarely showed something got to him. 

He had this switch inside his mind that if he turned his feelings would become numb and maybe even nonexistent for a short while, and he would act as if everything was a joke. And even though Rita had seen his hidden side he kept this act on around her, as if she didn't know better. 

The girl laughed. ''I do think I'm in, you? I don't know you see...'' She shook her head breathing in with her teeth together. ''You were kinda terrible man.'' 

''C'mon Rita. Not even you believe that!'' Peter winked as he smirked. ''I'm great at everything.'' 

''Yeah.'' The girl whispered to herself as the bell rang over their conversation.  

Peter Kavinsky really was good at everything, and she hated the way she was a sucker for it.No matter the surroundings, the ambient, the mood, the anything, the attraction towards him remained constant, she had no absolute idea why she allowed him to do it to her over and over again, like a vicious cycle that had no end.

But that wasn't, at the moment her biggest concern. 

Her stomach, if one could glance inside it, would probably look like a war zone after an ugly defeat as she hadn't felt so nauseated since Friday previous to the auditions and to pair the class seemed to last for days, as she counted the seconds for it to be over, and when it finally rang, she stood so still in her seat she could compete professionally on any statue contest.