PETER KAVINSKY

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ 

P E T E R   K A V I N S K Y   

''Can I buy you a coffee as an apology?'' 

''I don't like coffee''

   ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌  

''You're forgiven.''

''I'm- Excuse me? Dude, you bumped into m-''

It takes a second or two, maybe ten, for the sight to sink in, even though it is right before her brown and large eyes, realer than life. Her eyebrows arch for the sky.

The boy that stood inches taller than the rather average heighted girl, had the kind of face that stopped anyone in their tracks.

He had tousled dark brown hair, which was thick and lustrous and his eyes were a mesmerizing deep shade of hazel-brown that had none of ordinary.

His face was strong and defined, his features molded from marble, probably. He had dark eyebrows, which sloped downwards in a warm, welcoming expression, that gave Rita an uncommon and unknown feeling at the pit of her belly, when paired to the smile that appeared into his thick lips as he noticed Rita's expression.

Off course, he had to be used to it: the sudden pause in someone's natural expression when honored by his presence, followed by a nonchalant gaze and a weak, embarrassed smile. And of course the blushed cheeks that accompanied were a dead give-away

''No. You bumped into me.'' He spoke in a raspy and strong voice, and chuckled. A chuckle so adorable it made Rita's face turn a deeper shade of red, if possible.

The curly haired girl was all sorts of confusion, for starters, he was a brunette and she had always liked blondes, with blue eyes to pair. But he was handsome alright, and amazement doesn't quite cover it.

''You know you bumped into me!'' Rita ran a hand through her hair, raising the sunglasses further into the top of her head, the collision had caused them to tilt. She was trying with her life, to hide the urge to smile as she wasn't gonna give it to him, that she in complete bewilderment.

''Nah, I could have totally swerved past you'' He shook his head.

''Look okay!'' She raised her hands in defeat ''I bumped into you I'm sorry.'' Her lower stomach was already hurting, she couldn't afford to argue with the kid back and forth to defend herself and risk peeing her pants. 

''No! You were right I bumped into you!'' He said quickly, almost as if he was scared Rita would leave thinking she really bumped into him, with him knowing she hadn't. 

The girl furrowed her eyebrows.

''You're weird, and I really need to use the toilet so-''

''Wait!'' He grabbed her wrist softly, but still strong enough to make her skin crawl and have her turn around to face him again. ''Can I buy you a coffee as an apology?'' He pointed with his thumb to a table of the coffee shop he was already in the way to exit before the whole situation.