Late night thoughts - Dean Ddm

Your age 8
His age 25

Your pov:
I woke up in the middle of the night cause I was thirsty and wanted to get a snack as well so I decided to ask Dad for a late night snack, I went over to his room, empty, I checked uncle Sammy's room quietly, He was up but doing research, I decided to check every room in the place along with the middle of the bunker and library and nothing, danm so I decided to go back to Uncle Sammy's room to ask him, I went to the door and saw him asleep , crap, I hate waking him up but I can't find Dad, I sighed quietly and walked over to the bed quietly and spoke softly "Uncle Sammy"

He opened his eyes slowly saw me and then notice time it was 11pm then he looked back at me "hey kiddo, what are you doing up?"

"I wanted to ask Dad for a late night snack and drink, I went to his room, he wasnt there, I checked everywhere and no sign of him, is it okay I have a snack?"

He chuckled softly and nodded as he got up and then picked me up carrying me to the kitchen, he set me at the table, poured me a glass of orange juice and some crackers as he grabbed a beer and sat down in front of me

"Thank you, I'm sorry for waking you up, I dont like it, plus Dad always told me never to bother you when your sleeping but no one else was home"

He smiled as he took a swing at his beer "Its no problem kiddo, really" we smiled and had a conversation for a bit as I was eating and drinking , we were so in the conversation we didnt realise Dad came in the kitchen until he spoke

"Y/n, what are you doing up? And did you wake up Sam? I've told you to leave him be when he's sleeping" he glared

Sam spoke up "Dean, it's fine really, she wanted a late night snack, she tried looking for you, she didnt find you, so she asked me, I dont mind"  Dad nodded and grabbed a beer from the fridge aswell,  he's been acting a bit odd lately.

Sam decided to head back to bed since Dad was home, he kissed my head and said goodnight to Dad before heading back, Dad sat down in front of me and sighed softly

"Dad" he looked at me "Is everything okay?, you've been acting odd lately" he nodded taking a swing

"I'm alright, nothing for you to worry bout, just stressed out a bit sweetie that's all"

"Wanna talk bout it?" He shook his head "No you need to go back to bed" he pointed at the door way

"But dad everytime I'm stressed out you tell me to talk bout it" He nodded "Yeah because im your father I should know what's happening that your stressed out bout"

I bit my lip "But dad I get it,  your the parent, you make the rules but sometimes kids worry about their parents, I worry bout you, Uncle Sammy worries about you"

"Dont bring uncle Sam into this, its between me and you, not him"

I nodded softly "I'm sorry" he nodded "now go back to bed" I nodded putting my glass in the sink and then went back to my room shutting the door and got under the covers, if he won't talk to me tonight I'll try to talk to him tomorrow.....

The next morning I woke up and woke up to the sight of uncle Cas standing over my bed "Morning uncle Cas"
"Morning Y/n, your father and Sam are on a hunt, they asked me to stay with you " I nodded and walked to the kitchen to make myself breakfast and made Cas some coffee, we both sat down and as I was eating, I looked at him "Uncle Cas..." he looked at me.

"Is everything okay with Dad?" "Why do you ask?" "Last night Uncle Sammy and I were up having a late night snack, then suddenly Dad came home, he was a bit snappy and he seemed stressed out, I asked him if he was okay, he just snapped at me for asking if something was bothering him and told me to go to bed, I tried asking him but he just didnt say anything"