Sweetness - Nineteenth Chapter

/| Day One-Hundred-Thirteen, Friday, First Year - October 6 |\

The fall was now fully set; the frilly gust of wind chased the brownish dead leaves on its way, and the sky was fully covered by enormous grey, clouds, preventing the sun to enlighten the meadow with its light.

The trees were, in the majority, fully cleared of their foliage, and gave the forest an even more grim look. The way their slender branches rose to the sky, grazing against the clouds and cracked at the breeze gave the field a dark aura.

It was difficult to believe that Summer had passed that fast, and the fact that the end of your camp got closer each day was even harder. You couldn't conceive the idea of, one day, leaving your little munchkins. But, you preferred not to think about it, and kept your bright smile and positive attitude all the time.

The only thing you kept in mind was that; you'll make your best to spent the best last months with them, enjoying each and every moment with your little ones. It was the best you could do, right? You wanted absolutely nothing to hamper your last months here and hoped that your wish will realise.

On the other hand, the children didn't seem to notice the time passing, and you were happy they didn't. What could have been more horrible to see your angels getting sad and stressed? Nothing, you would've been destroyed by seeing them gloomy.

Norman was still the gentle, timid and sometimes awkward - but you learned to love that side of him - teen. Furthermore, you noticed a slight change in his behaviour; he became more responsible, more mature. It was as if now that he was fifteen years old, he wanted to be like a grown-up; he acted as the big brother of the group and was up to help the ones in difficulty since class resumed.

He assisted you in teaching, even if you told him various times that it wasn't necessary, that he already had enough work to do with schoolwork, but he'll deny it with a grin. Amused by his attitude and seriousness, you couldn't help but roll your eyes and chuckle.

Michael still kept his quiet manners, enjoying the grey appearance of the field, listening and observing the rain, as it pours in the countryside, with a calm, happy smile, his blue orbs seeming more dreamy than usual. Even if he was always a silent kid, you notice he was even quieter and relaxed than before, and it was agreeable to see his traits.

You knew as a matter of fact that, Autumn was his favourite season, you could see it in his expression that was calmer than usual. Plus, he told you that it remembered him good memories, and also informed you that he didn't matter to him if the sun didn't show up for days, that he preferred by far grey weathers. You witnessed that behaviour since the beginning of fall and was endeared by this little habitude of his.

Jason was still the gentle sweetheart he always was. Even if it was freezing cold outdoor, or it was raining tons of water in the countryside, he'll have this cheery smile on his face.

When the weather would be suitable, he would go play in under rain, jump into the muddy puddles, and, as soon as the sun is showing a little, would shout in joy, cheering the sun. When the sun would be hidden by clouds again, he would wave it, yelling some goodbyes to the sun.

He would come back inside when he would be covered of mud and soaked from bottom to top, a big smile plastered on his drenched face, giggling all the time. When he would notice the frown on your face, he would laugh and mutter, 'Oops...'. But, you couldn't stay longer mad at him, could you?

He was the little sunshine in all of your life, adding a little plus to all of your days as if it was his only motive; to make you happy.

The twins were still energy fuel, but, now that it was too cold to go out to go play, they had to spend it another way; while they were still in the hospital, of course. Shouting and running in the halls, making other kids turn they head - or run away from them for a matter of fact - playing tags vigorously, pushing each other before some sort of a rough, brotherly battle followed. Even if you know it wasn't mean to be rough, it always astonished you how a fist fight between those two pumpkins.